Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an Infiniti G35 coupe and Chevy Cavalier (with mods) and the other night was pulled over by State Police (Chicago burbs), which told me the reason they pulled me over was for a loud muffler. I have an AEM exhaust, but have never had any problems with the law for it over the past year. I has asked the officer some questions about aftermarket parts, but he was useless. Anyways, are Borla or any other aftermarket exhausts illegal, or has anyone gotten a ticket for noise pollution??

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Never had a problem. A lot of it is subjective which encompasses attitude, driving style and location. If you are in thre middle of town, revving it up and weaving in and out of traffic, yep, you'll get pinched. MYOB and most won't bother you

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have B&Bs on my Z06 right now and have had no issues. I had Magnsflows with a cross-over on a 95 Vette had no problems with them. But laws differ state to state.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
doctordeuce said:
I own an Infiniti G35 coupe and Chevy Cavalier (with mods) and the other night was pulled over by State Police (Chicago burbs), which told me the reason they pulled me over was for a loud muffler. I have an AEM exhaust, but have never had any problems with the law for it over the past year. I has asked the officer some questions about aftermarket parts, but he was useless. Anyways, are Borla or any other aftermarket exhausts illegal, or has anyone gotten a ticket for noise pollution??
If you don't mind my asking, were you ticketed and what was the amount of the fine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts