Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I drive my vette to work theres a good chance my boss will see my expensive sportscar and I will never see a pay raise again:lookinup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I drive mine every single day to work. I don't get paid much to begin with (state employee) so who cares what anyone thinks. :laughing: I saved, scrapped, earned my car!! Waited 30 years since getting my license to own on, be damned if I'm not going to drive it every single chance I get.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I thought the same thing, but that isn't the kind of people I work for. Where I work you get rewarded for hard work. The desire for finer things and a better life isn't a selfish one. Besides how do they know where you got the money? Perhaps the car was a gift from a family member. Tell them you won $50k on a scratch ticket and splurged on the car. Of course you can do what I do when someone asks about my personal finances and politely tell them you prefer to not discuss such personal matters.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
NO. I don't give a **** what my boss thinks about my car. Mine couldnt understand why I spent so much "for a car." I asked him if he viewed a car as transportation from A to B, or as something he has dreamed about having since he was a kid. He said A to B. I told him that he will probably never understand why I bought a Corvette. Told him to sit in it, he did, and all he could say is "wow". End of conversation.

I don't know what profession you are in, but if your boss denies you a deserved raise based on your vehicle, then he was has his head up his ass. Look for another job, and try for one where you increase your compensation with the job change.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I park where no one can see my car. Especially my clients. I work in the alcohol and drug rehab/treatment/education industry. I'm the guy that handles telling probation when people are late to classes or terminated from classes and who's got dirty drug screens.

Let's just say there's people that don't like me, I'd like to keep my car keyed free.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
It gets dirty if I take it outside:rolling:
If it don't rain Saturday I'm making a run to Gus' for a burger and malt:D

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I park where no one can see my car. Especially my clients. I work in the alcohol and drug rehab/treatment/education industry. I'm the guy that handles telling probation when people are late to classes or terminated from classes and who's got dirty drug screens.

Let's just say there's people that don't like me, I'd like to keep my car keyed free.
Whoa I don't blame you,Do you wear any disguises?

·
Registered
754 Posts
The company I work for was doing layoffs last summer, and though I was not affected I know many of the people at our site were. I figured that the last thing they needed to see was me rolling in with my new vette, while they were trying to figure out how to put there lives back together, so I wouldn’t drive most days.

Another factor here was my vette is still yet to see anything but a beautiful sunny day, and we have tendency for thunderstorms in the afternoon here, especially in the spring. We are moving to a new site next month and once the weather settles down I will probably start driving it to work more often.

I will say this: On occasion I have had to work weekends, and had a long stretch last summer where this was the case. Waking up on Sunday to go to work is the last thing most of us want to do, but getting in the vette on those mornings did help “ease the pain” a bit, especially when I would take the scenic route in.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I don't drive mine to work particularly because of the parking garage. It has very high speed bumps on each level, plus the people park/drive like crap. I've had more near misses in the parking garage than during my commute!

Also, I need a sedan for business reasons and even though I'm tempted to drive my vette during days I know I won't be sharing my ride, I can't get past the dozen of door dings my daily driver has suffered as a result of poor parkers.

My boss make more coin than I do, however he doesn't make good car decisions IMO. He's a nice guy, however was bragging about the new Mustang he bought for his wife and claiming it was faster than a Corvette so I just bit my tongue. Need to choose my arguments wisely. Plus he doesn't know I own one and hasn't seen mine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I happen to own a chain of carwashes. I usually park it in a place where the customers can see what we are capable of turning out. My managers drive GS300's on 22's and GSXR 1000's. They all love the vette. I have a Ram that I drive most of the time though. Since I work on my wash equipment, I need my tools with me .

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Oh yeah - as much as possible. I have a long route that I follow when I drive the car, as I believe it needs exercise as much as I do!

My boss is in Springfield, but he is kind enough to ask if I drove it when we talk on the phone.

Actually, one of the guys that works for me has an '87, and there's another guy thats into Harley's (and he's making noise about buying my '95 when I decide to move up to a C5).

We also have more parking spaces than building population, so I can park out of the way of door dingers (and since I know most of the people in the building, they're pretty good about it).

Steven

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
I don't normally take my Corvette to my normal day job, but recently my work parking arrangement changed and I can take the Corvette to work without worrying about door dings. When I work at the carlot I always take the Corvette!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I drive my Vette to work all the time. My boss happens to drive a $130,000 Mercedes SL55 and had a '01 Vert C5 before that, so he more than understands the pleasure of having a nice car. And since we are commission based if I'm making good money that means that I'm doing my job right and he is making even better money.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Everyday.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Whoa I don't blame you,Do you wear any disguises?
Sadly, we have a dress code. I just keep the car behind the building out of site.

Generally speaking, people don't like giving up their money when they've been mandated by courts and then seeing someone drive around in a nice car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts