Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Takes forever to detail the gills, the body molding all the way around, all the nooks and crannies of the front plate, front fender wells (because you pop the hood to check the oil at gas stations).

Damn if it doesn't take me 90 minutes to give her a "quick bath" on the driveway!

:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,770 Posts
At 150mph, can any one really see the dirt? On the C5 the worst thing to clean is the inboard side of the wheels

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm addicted to a clean Vette. I cringe to see anything on it. I'll drive it 150 mph just to blow the dirt off. Rarely works though! But it's fun to try...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I'm addicted to a clean Vette. I cringe to see anything on it. I'll drive it 150 mph just to blow the dirt off. Rarely works though! But it's fun to try...:thumbsup:
Next time my dad want's me to wash the car I'm using that technique!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Actually I think the C5 takes longer to clean. The C4 seems like a breeze when compared to the C4. I'll be cleaning them both this weekend (winter storage starts :( ) so if you want come on over and we can have a little race and compare times. :D

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
It isn't hard to clean.. when you pay someone to do it!

he he he.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kod_X said:
It isn't hard to clean.. when you pay someone to do it!

he he he.
No thank you!:( Not only do I enjoy cleaning my car (I am often guilty of drinking a 6 pack while cleaning & staring at it) but I dont want anyone else touching it....If they use a mitt with a little dirt it could scratch the paint & rims..... I clean my mitts after every wash. I am sure a detail shop will not go to that extreme....remember knowone loves your car more than you!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Mine has a nice thin layer of dust on it that will make you cringe.:(
My car cover is dead time to buy a new one and get off my lazy but and clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts