Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHOENIX (Reuters) – Arizona's Republican Governor Jan Brewer on Monday vetoed two controversial bills, one mandating proof of U.S. citizenship to run for president, the other allowing guns on college campuses, in a clear setback for conservatives who control the state legislature.

Brewer, who grabbed headlines a year ago when she signed a get-tough state law cracking down on illegal immigrants, vetoed the bills in an announcement late on Monday.

The so-called "birther bill," would have made Arizona the first state in the nation to require presidential candidates prove U.S. citizenship by providing a long form birth certificate, and other forms of proof including baptismal or circumcision certificates, to be placed on the state ballot.

"I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for president of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptism or circumcision certificates' ... This is a bridge too far," she said..

I wonder who got to her? Was she visited by someone with the Obama Gestapo? This is Bull-Pelosi. She should be impeached and replaced with someone who has some gonads. :WTF

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I am a political conservative and a supporter of the 2nd amendment. However, I am not a gun person. I don't feel more safe with conceal and carry in my state - I feel less safe. I'm against conceal and carry on college campuses. If I don't fit the conservative mold, so be it. More guns in public are not the answer to our crime problem IMO. We have probably had it in TX for over 10 years, and I can't remember more than one or two cases where someone outside the home protected themselves because of C&C. However, the incidence of gun toting road rage is off the richter scale. There has to be a better way.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
She's looking at her future marketability as a vp or prez in a nation with a large, growing number of minorities.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I am a political conservative and a supporter of the 2nd amendment. However, I am not a gun person. I don't feel more safe with conceal and carry in my state - I feel less safe. I'm against conceal and carry on college campuses. If I don't fit the conservative mold, so be it. More guns in public are not the answer to our crime problem IMO. We have probably had it in TX for over 10 years, and I can't remember more than one or two cases where someone outside the home protected themselves because of C&C. However, the incidence of gun toting road rage is off the richter scale. There has to be a better way.
Damn Tex we are on a tear....I completely 100% agree. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The birther bill veto will be overridden, not sure what the vote was on the gun bill.

I look forward to next year when Arizona and Alabama request proof of birth. Its going to be a **** show no matter what happens.

Im with Tex. How many people feel threatened enough on a college campus to need a handgun?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The birther bill veto will be overridden, not sure what the vote was on the gun bill.

I look forward to next year when Arizona and Alabama request proof of birth. Its going to be a **** show no matter what happens.

Im with Tex. How many people feel threatened enough on a college campus to need a handgun?
I take it you've never walked across the IUN campus in Gary? :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
It's 3:18 here in NJ....I cracked the bottle an hour ago. :laughing::cheers::cheers::cheers:
2:18 here. I just got back from my Red Lobster lunch - Grilled Salmon (heart healthy and all of that). Cracking the bottle before I drill my last tooth of the day is frowned on in certain circles. :laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
2:18 here. I just got back from my Red Lobster lunch - Grilled Salmon (heart healthy and all of that). Cracking the bottle before I drill my last tooth of the day is frowned on in certain circles. :laughing:
Hell my dentist says here is one for you and one for me just before he starts drilling.....You probably don't drill as many tongues. :laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Hell my dentist says here is one for you and one for me just before he starts drilling.....You probably don't drill as many tongues. :laughing:
Considering most people in your part of Jersey have only one tooth there isn't much chance of mistake. Incidently, had the tooth brush been invented anywhere other than Jersey it would have been called a teeth brush. :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Considering most people in your part of Jersey have only one tooth there isn't much chance of mistake. Incidently, had the tooth brush been invented anywhere other than Jersey it would have been called a teeth brush. :laughing:
OK, you forced me to tell my tooth joke.
What has 96 legs and 13 teeth?.................The front row at a Willie Nelson concert. (Ba-da-boom) :laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
You must have NJ confused with West virginia.:laughing:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts

Won't happen. Won't pass federal appeals process.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts