Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was heading to Orlando from Daytona saturday night I hit a armadillo while cruzing home. I didn't want to swerve and possibly end up in a ditch or concrete divider to I ended up taking out the little guy. unfortunatly the car took a beating just the same. Due to being lowered the front bumper took a good hit. It cracked(spiderwebed) the paint pretty bad and broke the brake duct on the drivers side as well as tore off the whole front air deflector. I just got back from the Allstate claims guy and he quoted $475.00. He's has down to replace all the parts except for the front bumper. He has it down for a strip,fix and refinish for the bumper. I didn't agree with him but I didn't agrue either as I'm taking it to a Chevy dealership body shop next week. I just thought it would be better to replace the thing rather than pull it, strip and refinish. What are you thoughts? Do you think repainting the original is good or bad. I didn't see any damage to the bumper itself other than the paint. Or should I bug the guy to put a new one on. Does anyone know the part number for the front bumper or the price by chance? I'll post some pics as soon as I get to the dealership and get it on a lift.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Wow, tough luck.

Without seeing some pics of the damge it is hard to say if you need a new front bumper.

:cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Usually the body shop will do what is necessasry to make your vehicle right. Just make sure you use a body shop that is covered under the insurance carrier that you have. What I mean is, some insurance carriers will refer you to a body shop that is under their "network" and guarantee their bodyshop work. They will make it right, either replace it or repaint it.
GOOD LUCK!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
sorry to hear about your problem. The key is to use a body shop that will guarnatee their work for as long as you own the car.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If the insurance company won't pay to replace the front bumper, I say it's time to go aftermarket:thumbsup: Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts