Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my new clutchin Drov ethe car Sat. I knew the clutch was not right.. Ordered a Master Cylinder.. got it today installed it, does not work, Clutch is WORSE.. So now I need to tear it apart and get another one.. At this rate there is NO Way I will be Drag Racign in May as I was planning..

I am tempted to order the Mcleod Master Cylinder but Summit Show it unavailable until May 8th.. THIS SUCKS!!!!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I feel your pain. I had to remove and replace the trans in my Camaro more than once due to torque converters:bang
Hang in there brother you'll get her together.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pain

-=Jeff=- said:
got my new clutchin Drov ethe car Sat. I knew the clutch was not right.. Ordered a Master Cylinder.. got it today installed it, does not work, Clutch is WORSE.. So now I need to tear it apart and get another one.. At this rate there is NO Way I will be Drag Racign in May as I was planning..

I am tempted to order the Mcleod Master Cylinder but Summit Show it unavailable until May 8th.. THIS SUCKS!!!!
I hear your pain Jeff. After 300 miles on a brand new wp form the dealer, I have to remove it because of leaking coolant from the weephole. Sometimes life just sucks. Don't give up, just go with the flow. Good luck on the project. Rick

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting somewhere now.. Master Cylinder was good.. Slave IO bought was bad out of the box.. I returned that yesterday.

I decided my slave was still good.. Got it all set and it still was not right.. I bled it 4 different ways, I finally think I have it almost there, I need to drive it like it is but it is raining so I will wait until later this week. I am thinking my slave may still be bad but once I drive it I will know for sure...

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69MyWay said:
Glad to hear you are making some progress. It should bleed out pretty quick. Did you have to install the modified pivot stud with that clutch assembly?

No I did not need the modified pivot stud for my clutch.. the fidanza flywheel with the stock style clutch (with the sprung hub) is the same stack height as the OEM. The Cutch Hydraulics are the problem, but the Bleeder is at the bottom of the Slave on towards the top like the OE in an 89 or 90, they changed that in 91.

I may switch to the 89-90 Slave if I can find one. liek I said though I need to drive it to be sure it is fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts