Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still stuck on the whole, crossfire, carburetor situtation. I hear of Crossfire vettes in the 11-12 second times for the 1/4 mile and with a carb I know the old tricks will work. But as I weigh my options I would like to know what exactly I can get away with for both situations so just in case I feel I could change somewhere down the line I wont have ended completely wasting my money.

What do you parts do you think will work in either application?
Headers- I know, but where to find them?
Camshaft- probably.
Manifold- Good for same carb, same Crossfire?
And of course, the mac daddys of power - Turbo and superchargers, do they exist for the 84'?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I would Rip that Cross fire out before I would drop a Turbo or a Supercharger in it. But thats just me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
blakblur said:
I'm still stuck on the whole, crossfire, carburetor situtation. I hear of Crossfire vettes in the 11-12 second times for the 1/4 mile and with a carb I know the old tricks will work. But as I weigh my options I would like to know what exactly I can get away with for both situations so just in case I feel I could change somewhere down the line I wont have ended completely wasting my money.

What do you parts do you think will work in either application?
Headers- I know, but where to find them?
Camshaft- probably.
Manifold- Good for same carb, same Crossfire?
And of course, the mac daddys of power - Turbo and superchargers, do they exist for the 84'?
Mmmmmm....a lot of questions.......

Once I had a 84 vette myself...........

Now I have bought a LS 1.........

the better option :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts