Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today AT&T announced that it wold be acquiring T-Mobile USA from its current parent company Deutsche Telekom. The two companies have entered a definitive agreement to merge in the cash-and-stock transaction to the tune of $39 billion.

The announcement puts to rest several years worth of rumors regarding a T-Mobile merger, though in the past it was believed that Sprint would be the ones to acquire the struggling provider.

By acquiring T-Mobile, AT&T will become the nation's sole GSM wireless provider, and enable AT&T to take advantage of T-Mobile's network infrastructure, which AT&T says will result in a significant expansion of their 4G LTE network, reaching 95-percent of the U.S. population, adding over 46.5 million subscribers.

Though the acquisition has been announced, the agreement has to clear various regulatory boards and other closing conditions, which could take up to a year.

For more on the merger, check out the official website.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/115/1156637p1.html

Two shitty carriers forming one big pile of ****. I'll stick to Verizon.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
That sucks. I dislike ATT so much and just signed a new two year contract with T Mobile. I'm sure they will have an "opt out" policy once the acquisition is made. I'm going to Boost mobile.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Suckkz

Because I despise AT&T

Now that means I will have to change service's

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I've had ATT since 2002, never had an issue (knocks on wood). My bills are right, nothing wierd. My oldest son was on my plan, ran the bill up with data and 411 one time. I called ATT to tell them to block his data, they credited the entire amount, blocked his data and told me thanks for being a loyal customer. :huh:

I have 4 lines, 3500 minutes on my plan and my bill is $275.00

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
ATT went above and beyond to help me fix what Best Buy screwed up. And BB screwed up bad.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Boost Mobile... $40 a month, period. Not plus tax and fees... $40 a month -unlimited talk, text and web data. $50 a month for the 4g.

Customer service... none. But, at $40 a month... how gives a ****.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
what the fook happened to the days when the fed broke up companies to prevent monopolies and overpriced end products?

:WTF

:down:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
what the fook happened to the days when the fed broke up companies to prevent monopolies and overpriced end products?

:WTF

:down:
I guess you have some evidence that AT&T is price gouging. I would like to see that, because around here, their prices are very competitive. I have had their service since they began, and I have had very few encounters to be dissatisfied about. I don't care what service you use, sooner or later you will come across a bad employee or a service glitch. I'm sticking with AT&T unless their quality of service drops.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
There are still plenty of carriers in the market. Watching ATT and T-mobil join forces should be of no major concern.

FYI, I am a happy ATT (cingular) customer and have been for 6years.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I guess you have some evidence that AT&T is price gouging. I would like to see that, because around here, their prices are very competitive. I have had their service since they began, and I have had very few encounters to be dissatisfied about. I don't care what service you use, sooner or later you will come across a bad employee or a service glitch. I'm sticking with AT&T unless their quality of service drops.:cheers:

I agree with your stance and most said.

My stance was not about them gouging.

It was about breaking up corps before they become problematic.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
There are still plenty of carriers in the market. Watching ATT and T-mobil join forces should be of no major concern.
that's what we said aout the oil companies in the early 90's before all the small ones got absorbed by the large ones.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
You mean the large Corps that were broken up by the government in to smaller sub corps (Comcast, ATT) ... facilitating the ability to acquire those small corporations that they previously could not -due to those same anti trust laws that were used to break them up in the first place ?

Felt good though, huh ? -breaking them up and sticking it to the Corporations... didn't it ?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've had great service from AT&T ever since I switched over about 5 years ago. Verizon was the one screwing me every other month.

Constantly calling up to remove bogus internet and game charges. They said I was online for 5 hours one day browsing websites. I told them it wasn't possible considering it was a Moto Razr and internet was like looking at a newspaper. They did me the one time "favor" of removing he charges. :crazy:

Month after month I can count on good service and a consistent bill from At&t. Good enough for me.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse says he's concerned that AT&T's deal to buy T-Mobile USA for $39 billion could strengthen the top two U.S. wireless companies at the expense of others, including his.

Hesse says AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless would control 79 percent of the market if the deal goes through. The head of Sprint Nextel Corp. made a keynote speech Tuesday at a cellphone industry conference in Orlando, Fla., which was monitored by webcast.

Hesse says, "I do have concerns that it would stifle innovation and too much power would be in the hands of two."

The head of Verizon Wireless, Dan Mead, was asked whether he had stand on the proposed deal. He replied, "We're certainly very interested in what's going on."

via yahoo

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
I hope this deal falls through or is not approved. But if it does, i'd rather it be anyone other than Sprint. i changed from Sprint to TMobile in Jan. so i would've been really pissed if it was a Sprint/Tmobile merger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts