Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sat. nite I was crusing on a Georgia backroad after going to a local Corvette event. Went by this big Mansion and I see headlights hit the highway and come up fast on me. This roadster of some kind passes me on a "fly bye" and then slows. Nice looking roadster of some kind with an Audi logo on back. Well anyway, I pull up on this guy and stay on his ass for a bit and then on an open streach I pull to pass and he floors it. I do the same and pull around him quickly.:thumbsup:
He pulls up behind and blinks his lights to pull off. I am thinking, "what is this guys problem? He want a fight or something?" He actually was a really nice, albeit rich ass fellow with a He said, all new Audi R-8 sports car. It's all wheel drive with 425 bhp. Weighs a little less than a vette and is really nice on the inside. He was really relieved to learn my vette was very modified as he didn't want to "lose to a stock vette". It's a kind of interesting looking car but a little to techy looking for my taste.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Nice kill

:devil:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great Kill!!!! :smokin:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
A Stock C6 should be able to take the Audi R8,here are the specs:thumbsup:
VEHICLE TYPE: mid-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door coupe

ESTIMATED BASE PRICE: $110,000

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
Displacement: 254 cu in, 4163cc
Power (SAE net): 420 bhp @ 7800 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 317 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

TRANSMISSIONS: 6-speed manual, 6-speed manual with automated shifting and clutch

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 104.3 in
Length: 174.4 in
Width: 74.8 in
Height: 49.2 in
Curb weight: 3450 lb

PERFORMANCE (MFR’S EST):
Zero to 62 mph: 4.6 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 185 mph

PROJECTED FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):
EPA city driving: 14 mpg
EPA highway driving: 20 mpg

Can`t see why he thought he would win against a stock C6...I think it would be a drivers race:D Unless it was the V10 twin...Then i could see the Stock C6 getting its A$$ handed to him:nuts:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
good kill :thumbsup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

TRANSMISSIONS: 6-speed manual, 6-speed manual with automated shifting and clutch

DIMENSIONS:

PERFORMANCE (MFR’S EST):

Can`t see why he thought he would win against a stock C6...I think it would be a drivers race:D Unless it was the V10 twin...Then i could see the Stock C6 getting its A$$ handed to him:nuts:
I guess this guy must have exagerated his figures a bit. He said his car had a curb weight of 2800 pounds. I passed him so easy I just figured his gearing was crappy. I have passed stock C6's with about the same ease so I guess they are comparable.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
That going to show him not to mess with corvettes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts

DIMENSIONS:

PERFORMANCE (MFR’S EST):

I believe he has a C5?

·
Registered
883 Posts
427 cubic inch engine $12,000
Audi R8 $120,000

Ruining a guys day who just spent $120,000 on a car that gets raped by what he thinks is a stock vette.

Priceless

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
427 cubic inch engine $12,000
Audi R8 $120,000

Ruining a guys day who just spent $120,000 on a car that gets raped by what he thinks is a stock vette.

Priceless
I wish that 427 was just 12K:thud: Paid a little more than that but NOT 120K:surprised
To the guys credit the car does look sweet and all wheel drive it would be strong at the strip. Is it worth 120K......well to each his own.:D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Is it a Katech 427?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it a Katech 427?
Nope..MTI Racing (Atlanta) (dream car garage folks) blueprinted, designed and installed.
Up untill recently it was a daily driver but the gas prices forced me to a Honda for daily driving.:lookinup: Sure is a cluture change from driving the vette daily to driving the Honda daily. The good news is I am not putting miles on the vette any longer but the bad news is I am driving a Honda :toilet

·
Registered
883 Posts
I hear you my C5 has been a DD and other than being so low to the ground its been great but I am not going to drive it again this winter. Yeah I don't get so good of gas mileage either!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I wish that 427 was just 12K:thud: Paid a little more than that but NOT 120K:surprised
To the guys credit the car does look sweet and all wheel drive it would be strong at the strip. Is it worth 120K......well to each his own.:D
The R8 is not meant to be a straight line demon. It is Audi's first effort at a super car slash real sports car, and by all accounts they've done very well. All reviews on road courses are glowing at how easy it is to drive fast. There is some talk they may put in a the turbo diesel derived from their LeMans R10, at which point it might all be a very different game.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts