Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a neighbor that plunked down $156k last fall for a new R8. I must say that in person this car is stunningly beautiful. It has Rolex quality and Tiffany styling. Over the winter months, he and I have, on occasion, chided each other as to whose car is faster. Michael is not a car guy. Once he walked into my garage while I was detailing the car and did not even ask or notice the ProCharger, headers, and other mods on my C6.
Anyway, yesterday was beautiful here, and we were both out washing our cars and he said why don't we head out to the interstate and blow dry our cars. There is a new stretch of interstate about 10 miles from our community that abruptly ends (un-finished project), so that's where we headed. There is never any traffic. Only a few morning and afternoon communters, and the stretch is over 5 miles long.
First run, I flubbed my launch, and the Audi pulled a good 3 car lead, but, buy the time I was at the top of 3rd gear, I had caught and passed him. Up to about 170, I had pulled another 4 car lengths on him.
Second run I had a good launch and he only pulled a 1 car advantage, which was eliminated by the top of 2nd gear. From there on, I did a "horizon job" on the R8.
Back home, and he is confused and very upset. He cannot understand why his 525 hp could not out-gun the 400 hp Corvette? I never confessed to any mods on my car (probably a little selfish on my part, heh heh).
He is now convinced that there is something wrong with his Audi, and wants to return it to the dealer.
Like I said, he's not much of a car guy, but, he does have a train load of $$$$$.
I told him if he wants to go fast, buy American. But, honestly, if I had the money, that Audi would be in my garage......................... with a huffer on it!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice kill! I wish I had a stretch of road like that, by my house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts