Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join with Metrolina Corvettes of Charlotte (www.metrolinacorvettes.com) for a Saturday Corvette Playday in the NC Mountains around Saluda on August 18

We'll be leaving out of the Charlotte area around 10:30 AM and taking the backroads to downtown Saluda and The Purple Onion Restaurant (www.purpleonionsaluda.com). After lunch, we'll be tearing up the Green River Cove and the sights along the infamous Green River below Flat Rock and Hendersonville. We'll hit the twisties and switchbacks as we head toward Lake Lure and Rutherfordton before stretching it out on the way back to Charlotte later that afternoon.

Interested in making the ride? Contact me here on a PM with your info and we'll be sure to meet up with you enroute or in Saluda. If you haven't been on the Green River Cove, it is worth the experience. Not a speed route - all about keeping 4 tires on the ground and passengers in their seats......

August 18 - Saluda - Corvettes - :partyon:

·
Registered
143 Posts
ooooooooweeeeeeeeee, sounds like a SUPER good time!!! :partyon: Too bad I still have a 9 to 5 :thud: But, will be forced to retire by next year (our jobs are being outsourced to India :WTF ), so if you would put me on a list for next year? :cheers:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Have fun guys, youll be passing right by my house. Lake Lure is like a half hour up for us Shelby area guys. Unfortunatly Ill be at work. Darn these jobs we use to pay for our cars :laughing:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Have fun guys, youll be passing right by my house. Lake Lure is like a half hour up for us Shelby area guys. Unfortunatly Ill be at work. Darn these jobs we use to pay for our cars :laughing:
Too bad you can't make it, mountain roads are fun. :partyon:

·
Registered
796 Posts
sounds like fun. I have been up there a couple of times and maybe can drive up from Greenville to join in on the fun.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're about a week out and if you're like me, you're looking for a break from the heat and humidity. Did I mention the canopy of tree cover along the Green River? The coolness of the valley floor next to the river? The ultimate coolness :partyon: of driving your Vette in the NC mountains?

If you're thinking "eh, maybe I will, maybe I won't. Be a good day just to sit at home and look at my Vette in the garage" - you have issues :thud: and need to resolve them in a group outing like this.

Come for the fun, an escape from the mundain.

Or stay at home and on the porch. :nuts:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance you Shelby boys and girls can get off work? We're comin' through there on 74 about 11:00 tomorrow, then dropping down on #9 to #14 into Landrum and up the pacolet River Byway. Got room for ya'll......

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know I cant. Although you will pass right by my job. The WM DC is very close to the ingles youll be passing. Ill pass the time on to one of the guys from the local corvette club though, maybe some can make it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang just missed it

Dang just saw the p ost today or I wouldve joined ya. Par 4nut you from Greenville? Cause thats where Im from, you werent one of the guys I passed at Fuddruckers last week were ya?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang just saw the p ost today or I wouldve joined ya. QUOTE]

You missed a blistering ride - no joke on those 180 degree switchbacks and blind drop curves (15% grade), not to mention the trucks with canoes but you have to adapt in the mountains in the summer. We laid it down hard all the way to the bottom and back up Hobart Cove Road :devil: to the I-State before heading back the City area.

Green River Cove and Hobart Cove make Tail of the Dragon not much better than a weenie ride at a cheap county fair - and I've done TOD. :laughing: Being on your toes and up on wheel on this one is a reality! My F1s really had a workout!

Make sure you look to more posts from this Vette Set for upcoming cruises and events. We're a go club so look for more in the future and feel free to ride with us anytime. :partyon:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Scandal,
I live in Taylors about two miles from Fudd's on Wade Hampton Blvd. I have only been there once so it probably wasn't me, but I do have one of the only Comp Yellow C4's in this neck of the woods. My car is kinda hard to miss. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not so good. I have done the Chic-fil-a cruise in a couple of times and the Corvettes and Classics once or twice. Stop by and say hello next time you are around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts