Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...
I have small issue with temparature control, it's 88 vette with auto control, all digits work on the unit except i can't bring the temp down it's stock at 32, I got blue button for cold and red for heat, when pressing blue nothign happens....I am cooking :--))
any advise, relay?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am guessing that the numbers on the display are not changing. If that's the case then the actuator will not move the rod from the actuator to the air mix door. If so you can remove the ECM and gain access to the actuator rod and it will pop out of the clip on the air mix door. You could pop it out then swing the door to the cool side and then pop the rod back into the clip. Then you could shut the heat off until you replace the control head. When I bought my car last september I had to drive it 250 miles to get it home and the heater was on the hottest setting because someone had popped the actuator rod out of the clip on the air mix door. all I had to do was to pop it back on. But the ride home was HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!:thud:

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
Before you start pulling stuff out, remove your radio and courtesy lamp fuses for 30 seconds, then replace.

This resets the defaults on the electronic climate control system. It's worth a shot. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts