Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you have probably either been to Bowling Green or at least have seen photos of the plant, but I thought I'd share. The photo gallery is pretty neat, and it's nice to have Corvette coverage on Autoblog.:thumbsup:

Post link: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/08/a-tour-of-gms-bowling-green-assembly-plant/
Gallery link: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/tour-of-corvettes-bowling-green-assembly-plant/

Across the street from the National Corvette Museum is the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. Located in the green wilds of central-southern Kentucky, it proudly proclaims itself "Home of the Corvette and XLR." Fifty thousand tourists tread the green painted walkway of the factory tour every year to see how that American icon, the Corvette, is made. It is the only place in the world where Corvettes and XLRs are created. Follow the jump to read about the plant and see the pics from our recent factory tour.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Cool to see the paint pics, you don't see that on the regular tour.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the link - great pictures. Includes photos of things that you do not see on the Buyers and NCM Delivery tour such as paint area.

Thanks for sharing. :cool: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Great pics...Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I grew up and lived 90% of my life here, my friends dad actually works there. If you go to a lot of the sit down restaurants, they'll have ''Corvette Parking Only" right up front near the handicap spots.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That brings back pleasant memories. I wish I could walk that plant everyday.

Great article and I agree with the others that it was nice to see some of the areas we missed on the R8C tour.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thanks for the pics...I was at the museum the other day (happened upon it by accident lol)...was wondering how the factory tour was.

·
Banned
972 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Those photos bring back a flood of good memories. Been there twice and hope to go back soon.

Thanks for the post.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup: Great pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts