Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking if I needed to replace rear bearings. Placed car on jack stand and put car in nuetral to check for play and spin the wheels. Wow wheels do not spin easy at all. Either my brakes or bearings I thought. Then turn engine on placed car in nuetral and wheels spin. Is this common? Sorry so many threads I have the week off to fix issues. oh and yes I am hearing a roar sounds like tires gets louder with spedd, but stop when zig zagging to the right.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
I certainly hope nothing is wrong, Cuz' my 01' does the same thing. Wait til it's on jack stands and you put it in drive, lol. The speed sensors go nuts!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yes it's normally hard to rotate the rear wheels when in neutral with the engine off. Yes they will rotate when the engine is on when in neutral. As far as the roar goes it sounds like a bad wheel bearing. With the engine off try to move the bottom of the tire sideways. If you see movement the bearing is bad but sometimes the bearing can still be bad without having any play. While the car is rotating the wheels when running in neutral try to listen to each wheel carefully to detect the roaring sound.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts