Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatsup everyone-

I'm looking at a clutch upgrade in the very near future. I have added an A&A kit to my coupe and the stock clutch does its best to hold on for dear life when my foot gets heavy, but I'm going to need an upgrade at some point soon.
Was wondering what the average cost of a clutch job is for our cars? Also, I've talked to a few buddies and some mention a potential need for a torque tube rebuild as well while you're in there anyway. Is this necessary? My car has 65k miles on it right now and puts out 512rwhp/460rwtq as of last dynorun.

Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Up to 1500 depends on what place but its not cheap. Until you feel the clutch not pulling your ok. Some guys get like 120,000 miles stock ive got 80.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
you can do a C6 Z06 clutch job for around

$1300 here

If you do it yourself like I'm going to do

Probably $800

The Monster 3 clutch will run you more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies. I'm weighing on going for either the monster stage 3 or 4 at this point, most likely the 4 since they are basically the same price and the 4 holds a lil more. (might as well right?)

Still wondering about the torque tube rebuild. How many vette owners out there who replace clutches get this done also? Mine right now shows no signs of not functioning perfectly right now, but I've just heard rumors from buddies that this might be a good idea to get done "while you're in there". Thoughts?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am putting a monster stage 2 and a new master cylinder in mine. I have right at 900 in parts alone and the shop wants 1100 to do the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts