Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD GAWD! B&B Bullets installed!

Aloha all! I spent about 2 hours of my evening tonight, removing the stock Ti exhaust and installing the B&B. After 2 hours of fun, all I can say is GOOD GAWD! We fired my girl up and it was immediately noticeable how much deeper the sound of the exhaust was. We gave her some time to warm up and then revved her a few times....LOUD! DEEP! No rasp....just beautiful sound emanating from the 4 big polished tips. This is by far the most gratifying mod to date for my Z. Here are my impressions:

Fit: Was almost perfect. No alignment neccessary except for one small tug on the passenger side tips. 9 out of 10

Supplied hardware: (bolts & nuts) suck and are too big. You cannot use a socket on them. Fortunately for me I bought better nuts at least and utilized true locking washers. I give the hardware a 1 out of 10.

Finish: Gets a 5 out of 10....I polished the crap outta mine so it looked a lot better than when it came out of the box.

Sound: Gets a big 10. Now this system may not be for everyone, but it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I am 100% happy with the sound.

Appearance: Once installed on the car....I give it a 9 out of 10. The tips looked too big when I had them off the car. Once installed it looks perfect IMO. They protrude from the bumper just a bit. In reading about this I was concerned as I didn't want it to look gaudy or obnoxious....It doesn't trust me. The apprearance of this system looks awesome. I will post pics as soon as I can get some decent ones with the car clean.

Value: I gave this system a 7 out of 10. Being that the finish was so poor on this system when it came out of the box, and there are so few components involved; I think B&B could sell these at a considerably lower cost and still make $$$. However, that is purely speculation. IMO, for $800 (when shipped to Hawaii) I would say I was expecting all the good aspects listed above with the finish of a system like the Corsa.

Well there you have it. A small novel for anyone on the fence about this system. Hope someone finds this info useful! Pics coming soon!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics done during the install....I know the cars dirty, but it's been raining almost non stop. I washed the car 3 times in 3 days so far!

[/B]

Here are some pics from a few minutes ago....after the wash & Zaino.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Sweet exhaust! That was the first mod I did to mine...get rid of that wimpy sounding stock system :D

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Wow!:surprised

That looks GREAT! Thanks for the blow by blow, I'm going to move this thread to our C5 archive next month.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words guys. Regarding the question about the comparison to the LM.....

I rode in and next to a 2001 Z06 w/the LM's and can tell you that it (the LM) is louder than this system. The LM also drones a lot more than this. If I had to guess on percentage difference in volume between the 2 systems, I'd venture to say the LM is about 15% louder than this one. JMO

PS-I reall gotta learn where stuff goes on this site, I'm making the moderators work far too hard putting me in the right forum. Sorry bout that!:spanked:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
EFI-1 said:
PS-I reall gotta learn where stuff goes on this site, I'm making the moderators work far too hard putting me in the right forum. Sorry bout that!:spanked:
:laughing: Don't sweat it. It gives us something to do!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Looks great Dave.When you got it,was it just the tips that were polished.?
Did the rims/tires arrive yet?
Wow truely a great holidays for you.:thumbsup:
Are you still a mod on www.LS1tech.com?
And do you do your own LS1 edit.I would like to hire someone to tune my car,no offense to Bodie,but i will do it there as a last resort.
What mods went on today.?:smokin:
Looks like your going to make the auto-show.I'll stop by and check out the EFI gang>and Angles too.:stick:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words Todd. The exhaust was polished only up to the tips when I received it. I gotta tell you, it sounds sick!

Anyway, I did not get the TRAP, FRC's or the wheels in yet, so I am crossing my fingers. This weekend we'll be doing the drop & the Goodridge stainless lines. Next week, the euro lenses go in on the rear. As far as the lS1 edit goes....I had it on my SS, but not on the Z yet. I will be looking into it but I do not want to tune anyone elses stuff until I am absolyutely sure I got it down. I have been approached by about 9 people in the last month to do their tuning, but like I said, I gotta get more seat time in first.

We'll look forward to seeing you at the show!:buhbye:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Opps,forgot to ask you...are you going to be there sun 21st?I had planned on 10:00am sun-but if your pulling out sun,let me know and i will makes plans to come sat morning.Maybe i can talk Greg Z into coming along.:buhbye:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hawaii-5-lo said:
Opps,forgot to ask you...are you going to be there sun 21st?I had planned on 10:00am sun-but if your pulling out sun,let me know and i will makes plans to come sat morning.Maybe i can talk Greg Z into coming along.:buhbye:
Todd, what's on Sunday? I will be getting my car out of the show that morning....maybe we can hook up.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Todd, what's on Sunday? I will be getting my car out of the show that morning....maybe we can hook up.
I was assuming the show went thru sun evening.It's one of the only "days" i have off(even though i go in a mid-night.)But i can get my butt up and go sat morning(i work at 3pm sat).
If you can,take lots of pics and post them.A while back,i linked one of swimmers slide-shows to this site,it was the one with all the Ferrari's,Lambos,You had the Camero and it was raining.
I can hook up with ya on that sunday.I'm also very curious to hear the exhaust.I have gutted cats (don't want to say that on your site,i'm not sure how many officers are on your site).So your cat-back would be really loud if i put one on my car.
Do you have a key-hole on the passenger door?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hawaii-5-lo said:
I was assuming the show went thru sun evening.It's one of the only "days" i have off(even though i go in a mid-night.)But i can get my butt up and go sat morning(i work at 3pm sat).
If you can,take lots of pics and post them.A while back,i linked one of swimmers slide-shows to this site,it was the one with all the Ferrari's,Lambos,You had the Camero and it was raining.
I can hook up with ya on that sunday.I'm also very curious to hear the exhaust.I have gutted cats (don't want to say that on your site,i'm not sure how many officers are on your site).So your cat-back would be really loud if i put one on my car.
Do you have a key-hole on the passenger door?
No keyhole on the passenger door....I'll let you know about the exhaust.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts