Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Vetters... I'm pretty sure this question has been passed around before. But... I can't get my B&B Bullets to line up right. One hangs low one sits high, bolts are tight, hangers are on.:thud:
Can't part with them they sound so good, I have to make it right!

Thanks, enjoy the power but drive safe!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Just keep at it,i have B&B route 66 oval tips,and they are a little tuff to line up,but here they are.Make sure eveything is nice and tight too,so they don't shift after a few miles.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi, I also had the same problem with my B&B Bullets. It turned out one had a defect so I sent it back to B&B. It was a nightmare getting evrything worked out. In the end I FINALLY got them to send me a new one. I think this is a comon problem with the bullets and C5's. :drink:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I don't have bullets but have the original ovals. Put the same on my son's 00 coupe and had alignment problems. We wound up putting a spacer or two between the frame and the slotted hanger tha is held on with 2 bolts that are straight down basically under the tail lights but on the bottom of the frame. The BB's have a tongue that sticks out. That tongue goes into the bracket I am talking about.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I don't have bullets but have the original ovals. Put the same on my son's 00 coupe and had alignment problems. We wound up putting a spacer or two between the frame and the slotted hanger tha is held on with 2 bolts that are straight down basically under the tail lights but on the bottom of the frame. The BB's have a tongue that sticks out. That tongue goes into the bracket I am talking about.
Exactly what I found with my Bullets. My drivers side tip sits about a 1/8" higher than the other, so I'm gonn put a little shim in the hanger to level em out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Vetters, I will try the this stuff out.

Drive right!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Vetters, I used washers on top pf the hangers and nailed it!. They look great now. Thanks for the information,, have a good day and drive safe.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
NO...NO....NO...

It has nothing to do with hangars or defects. You make the adjustment/correction on the 2 bolt connection exhaust flange where the exhaust pipe goes up and over the rear axle.

Get your hangar brackets on and aligned.... now go up underneath the car and loosen the 'offending' dangler. Have someone hold it in position, just a touch above the other side, then give it a good hard tighten on the two bolts, and you're good.

I dinked around with that till I was about run out of ideas, then it came to me - no problem since.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
diyguy said:
NO...NO....NO...

It has nothing to do with hangars or defects. You make the adjustment/correction on the 2 bolt connection exhaust flange where the exhaust pipe goes up and over the rear axle.

Get your hangar brackets on and aligned.... now go up underneath the car and loosen the 'offending' dangler. Have someone hold it in position, just a touch above the other side, then give it a good hard tighten on the two bolts, and you're good.

I dinked around with that till I was about run out of ideas, then it came to me - no problem since.
I had done that 3 times before I finally used the washers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts