Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the B&M Ripper shifter into my 2007 C6. While prepping the car for install and waiting on the shifter to arrive, I removed the old shifter and base unit. Didn't realize that I could have left the stock shifter mounting base unit alone and undisturbed until too late. So anyway I removed it with the stock shifter by removing the three T-40 Screws.

My question is now that I've reinstalled the new B&M, what are the adjustment slots for on the two base mounting holes? They have rubber bushings and allow for about a 1/2 inch of forward/back movement of the base mounting plate to the tunnel. I tightened mine down about half way in the slots, but seem to have a shifter vibration/rattle/noise from about 1/2 to WOT. Waht happens if I move the base forward or backward? Does it effect the linkage and shifting? :huh: I really don't want to take the console and shifter back out if the alignment of the slots on the base unit is really not important? Do any of you know how these adjust and why?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
My B&M only makes noise between gears. I used the stock base for alignment but it was not used in the install. I used the B&M bushings not the softer GM bushings

·
Registered
5 Posts
My question is now that I've reinstalled the new B&M, what are the adjustment slots for on the two base mounting holes? Do any of you know how these adjust and why?
The holes are slotted to allow for slight manufacturing variations.

Do the following to get your shifter installed and aligned properly. Put the transmission in neutral, then insert the indexing pin (that small L-shaped thing that was attached to the front of the stock shifter), or a drill bit of appropriate size, in the small hole on the front of the shifter base. This will lock the shifter in the neutral position. Make sure the large torx bolt (the one at the rear of the shifter box) that clamps the linkage to the shifter mechanism is tight. Now, tighten the other two large torx bolts that go through those slotted holes you mention. Lastly, pull the indexing pin out and make sure the shifter engages all gears completely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts