Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get to see the Republican debates last night, but right leaning op-ed writers are giving thumbs up to Romney and Bachmann's performances. I haven't paid a lot of attention to Bachmann, and I know her name invokes the same response from the left as Sarah Palin, but I've read some pretty good things about her this morning. I will be giving her a second look. One reason I can't dismiss her is that anyone who gets the knee-jerk hate from the left that she does must be doing something right. :laughing:

Excerpt from one of the articles:
"No one in Bachmann’s camp can be surprised at the kind of attacks coming her way. Much of the media will just scribble her name over “Sarah Palin” on broadsides they have already written. Forensic gynecologist Andrew Sullivan will soon be demanding DNA samples from the children she claims issued from her loins. It’s not just Bachmann’s superficial similarities to Palin that make the attacks so predictable. It’s that she also represents the views, concerns, and aspirations of normal people. Liberals hate the views, concerns, and aspirations of normal people. They require obedience to an agenda designed by superior minds. Bachmann made it clear she aims to misbehave.
After last night’s debate, the Republican primary boiled down to a Rocky IV contest, with Mitt Romney in the Ivan Drago role, while Michele Bachmann is jogging through the snow with a log on her back. She’ll draw more fire in the short term, because the Left will react more viscerally to her. They won’t be able to stop thinking about the positions they want to see her in."

Link: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44172

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Excerpt from one of the articles:
"Liberals hate the views, concerns, and aspirations of normal people. They require obedience to an agenda designed by superior minds.
I LOVE that line. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts