Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from Az had a great time, BUT didn't see one C1-C3 between Phx and Gran Canyon or Jerome. The weather was great too. Really liked it there,sure beats the NE and the snow we started with yesterday!!!

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Just back from Az had a great time, BUT didn't see one C1-C3 between Phx and Gran Canyon or Jerome. The weather was great too. Really liked it there,sure beats the NE and the snow we started with yesterday!!!
That is a little surprising, the weather here is fantastic perfect for older Vette's as well as the new ones.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
When I was there last month, I was on old Route 66 outside of Seligman when a massive hail storm hit. I drove slowly for about 2 miles through it, and the only other car I passed was a red C5 going the opposite way. What are the odds?
P.S. The same day, I drove up that little mountain road through Jerome while it was raining and very foggy. Pretty scary little stretch of road. :surprised

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
When I was there last month, I was on old Route 66 outside of Seligman when a massive hail storm hit. I drove slowly for about 2 miles through it, and the only other car I passed was a red C5 going the opposite way. What are the odds?
P.S. The same day, I drove up that little mountain road through Jerome while it was raining and very foggy. Pretty scary little stretch of road. :surprised
How were you so lucky to see weather that we never have here ????? Did you import it from Texas ??? :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
How were you so lucky to see weather that we never have here ????? Did you import it from Texas ??? :laughing:
I came there for one week to see sunny AZ and maybe have some crisp early fall evenings while it was still scorching in TX. A cloud formed over our heads in NM and followed us through the whole trip except for the 2 days in Vegas. :thud:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I came there for one week to see sunny AZ and maybe have some crisp early fall evenings while it was still scorching in TX. A cloud formed over our heads in NM and followed us through the whole trip except for the 2 days in Vegas. :thud:
:rolling: Too wierd..I don't think we had any more of that weather since you left..Will you visit again ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:agree::WTF

It's beautiful here now. You should have stayed a little longer TEX.;)
I hope to get back there. We went to the Grand Canyon on a rainy day and the canyon was full to the brim with fog. We could not see the bottom or the opposite canyon wall. We joked that if anyone ever asks us if we have been to the Grand Canyon, we can say "Well, we've been there, but we've never seen it". :laughing:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
weather was great last week, 65-79* in Sedona and the Canyon. No rain all week.
Did you check out the Gold King Mine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts