Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just got back from redline performance here in Ontario Canada and I had my 05 c6 a4 with 1 7/8 ar headers hf cats and x pipe,160 stat,vararam,373 gears,3200 vigalante converter.It made 360hp and 360 lbs tq and the dyno was a dynojet.What do you guys think about these numbers.I was told that I loose power on the dyno because of the gears.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bro somethings very wrong I have your same 05 C6 w/A4 but have 3.90 gears & huge Z06 19x12 rear wheels w/345/30/19 pilot tires (they cause HP loss as well) other mods cat back bullets, Vara ram, throttle body spacer full dyno tunethat's it no headers!

I put down 360 rwhp 355 rwto on Dynojet, w/Headers I'll easily be at mid 380's!! maybe your stall converter if messing everything up?

& yes I was told the same we will/do get losses from running these bad ass gears, dyno operator showed me other C6 w/A4 trans and similar mods making about 10-16 more rwhp w/fact 3.15 or 2.73's

You obviously have a tune w/new gears on the Automatics it's impossible to drive w/tuning the rpm/rev limiter, but did you NOT go for the full perf tune as well??

What was your pre mod dyno at? IE..Bone stock dyno?

I say if you haven't had a full perf tune yet, and your running Long Tubes, you're missing 25-35 rwhp:huh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tuner set the shift points and set up fuel /air mixture and started giving more timing until it started to ping then he backed it off a little and adjusted torque managment and after 4-5 dyno pulls the curve started over lapping so he said thats all thats left in it.Tuning was done with a efi live program.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The tuner set the shift points and set up fuel /air mixture and started giving more timing until it started to ping then he backed it off a little and adjusted torque managment and after 4-5 dyno pulls the curve started over lapping so he said thats all thats left in it.Tuning was done with a efi live program.
Pre mod dyno?

If in -line w/mine and lots of other C6 A4's DYNO @ 345-350 rwhp BONE STOCK, something is either wrong w/your C6, or your tuner needs to think about a new career? Possibly tuning Pianos :huh: lol..

I joke, sorry & I hope you get this sorted soon because you really should be at 380+rwhp w/your mods:thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey c6rluvur thanks for your input im always open to coments good or bad.Even with the low dyno numbers this car is way quicker than it was in stock form I Ran a m5 that makes 500 +horse from one light to the next and he wasn.t even close .I know the car is fast but Ido wish for higher numbers. thanks Gary:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts