Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 is getting closer. I added rack attack at the same time I added power steering, Lowered a couple inches all around. new headers and pipes. T/A's crossdrilled rotors & new calipers ect.... Thanks for all the help guys! I LOVE DC!!:partyon:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys! All the props go to Ivan and DB ! their posts make every thing easy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very Sweet ride!!!!

You may have covered this in earlier posts, if so please direct me there....I'm working up my paint plan and I'm interested to know what all you had done.

1. How did you strip you paint?
2. Did you Gelcoat or just primer?
3. What kind of primer (i.e. epoxy or other)?
4. Base/clear system or other?
5. If base/clear, how many coats of each?
6. Color sand between coats?

I want to come up with a really deep looking black finish for my car.
:cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very Sweet ride!!!!

You may have covered this in earlier posts, if so please direct me there....I'm working up my paint plan and I'm interested to know what all you had done.

1. How did you strip you paint?
2. Did you Gelcoat or just primer?
3. What kind of primer (i.e. epoxy or other)?
4. Base/clear system or other?
5. If base/clear, how many coats of each?
6. Color sand between coats?

I want to come up with a really deep looking black finish for my car.
:cheers:
He did a base coat/ clear and did not sand between coats. I dont know how many coats of color (I wasn't there) but, I'm pretty sure there were 4 coats of clear. I just turned it over to the paint shop and said "Make it slick!":partyon:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great Looking C3 I am also partial to black. Whats a nice paint job cost these days?
It was the first time I used these guys, A small custom shop kinda under the radar. They were very thoughtful and in the biz for 35 years. With that being said it was not cheap. $7,500 I guess you get what you pay for, and I am HAPPY!
Looks like we have twins Lowkeytow!!! But I haven't got that monster under the hood............yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I figured somewhere around that price.

Yes they look like twins.

Beautiful vettes for sure.

That 572 is a handfull.
Very nice Paint job you have there...
lot of labor in paint work, the last car I did was my sons challenger..quality high solid clear, really dont need for more than 3 coats of clear.. anthing past 3 coats I would wet sand re-shoot for any addtional coats... less chance to see waves in the paint, even if you blocked it flat... the paint cost for the challenger was $1200 no labor or materials included. so 7500.00 for the black vette paint is realistic amount.. expect to pay that much for a quality job..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
:thumbsup:lookin good! i love how black looks, might have to end up repainting mine to satin black once its completed :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts