Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say I get '97 wagon wheels. But, I want 18" all the way around... with custom widened wheels in the rear.

Will the 18's work in the front... how's the clearance?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Let's say I get '97 wagon wheels. But, I want 18" all the way around... with custom widened wheels in the rear.

Will the 18's work in the front... how's the clearance?
What is the Offset of the Wagon Wheels? your Front GS wheels are 56mm for the 17x9.5

I am guessing the 18" wagon wheels are 9.5" so if they are the same width and offset, you should have no problems on the front. Just be sure you are running the lower profile tire (obviously)

As for the rears, i would think if you are going to have them widened, the place widening them for you should be able to get the correct offset you need. Asuming you widen them to 11's the offset is 50mm and they would sit just like your current GS wheels

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Pat, since you're set on getting new wheels, what will you do with the originals? (hint, hint) I may know someone who wants them. :D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bkuper said:
Pat, since you're set on getting new wheels, what will you do with the originals? (hint, hint) I may know someone who wants them. :D
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hawaiian Punch said:
They'll work Pat, work just fine.
Hey Kalani,
Sorry i could not get a hold of you before work,i saw that you were trying to call me.
I was think(smoke is coming out of my ears now)if your not busy today,maybe you could take your rear rim off and put it on the front.Then open your hood a take some clearance pictures and post them up for Patrick.
I know your rear tire is a 40 series and i'm assuming Patrick is going to use a 35 series front/40 series rear,but he could at least see the width,clearance inside and outside of the fender-well.
I don't know squat about G.S. cars,but it looks like a C5 brake package,so i don't think that will be an issue.
Kalani,whats your rear tire,275/40/18?
What are you going to put in the front Patrick?255/35/18?

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
1,265 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
Hey Kalani,
Sorry i could not get a hold of you before work,i saw that you were trying to call me.
I was think(smoke is coming out of my ears now)if your not busy today,maybe you could take your rear rim off and put it on the front.Then open your hood a take some clearance pictures and post them up for Patrick.
I know your rear tire is a 40 series and i'm assuming Patrick is going to use a 35 series front/40 series rear,but he could at least see the width,clearance inside and outside of the fender-well.
I don't know squat about G.S. cars,but it looks like a C5 brake package,so i don't think that will be an issue.
Kalani,whats your rear tire,275/40/18?
What are you going to put in the front Patrick?255/35/18?
Actually I had the 245 series on there when I had those stupid "mud swamper" tires on my car that Piny ordered by mistake. so it's no problem for the fit, but give me a few day's and I'll take pictures for Pat so he can see for himself the spacing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have 275/40/17 on 10" rims in the front. There are a few rub marks on the inside of the fenders. The car is lowered and the offset of the rim is not the best. Tires stick out 1/2" from the wheel wells.

I would have to say that if you are going to 18" rims you might have problems unless you have a shorter side wall.

What size tires do you want to run?

Keep us posted with the information as I am also collecting info for me I am going to get new rims and tires late this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts