Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some pictures of customized C3 vette called "Baldwin Motion Phase 3". I think Motion is the name of the company that made it but I'm not sure. Theese vettes had normal headlights in front fenders and customized rear part. Please help. I have a bit mess in this.

Can anyone tell me more about them? (how many of them were produced, tech specification, was there some Phase 2 or 1, just anything, photos are welcomed)

thanks

Martin427

·
Registered
71 Posts
Joel Rosen knows how many were built and for enough money I'm sure that he will tell you. He charges quite a bit to doucment an orignal Motion Corvette. There are no published figures.

The cars were all spec'ed out by the owner, the dealer (Baldwin Chevrolet) or Rosen (the owner of Motion) so there was no standard make up of any of the cars that is known.

I have not seen a Phase III front end offered by any other company and suspect that Rosen would haul any mfg. that attempted to make a copy in to court.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I visited Motion Performance in 1968. They were located on Sunrise Highway in Baldwin, L.I., NY.

I'll never forget a mechanic backing a L-88 Nova (yeah they sold everything) out of one of the bays right onto Sunrise.

He revved it, popped a wheelie for about 50 feet and was gone. Ten minutes later he came roaring back, jumped out of the car, slammed the door and said, "Damn piece of ****!!!!" :surprised

Duntov and Rosen

Those were the days!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To: 67HEAVEN

THANKS A LOT!!!
This will make valuable addition to my corvette information collection.
I am going to check your website right now!!

Martin427

·
Registered
157 Posts
In a book dealing with Muscle Cars from Randy Leffingwell I found reports about a Baldwin stage III Camaro and a stage III Corvette.
According to the book this was Joell Rosens Corvette.
I like the photos of the Corvette so much that I'm going to post them here:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Martin427 said:
To: 67HEAVEN

THANKS A LOT!!!
This will make valuable addition to my corvette information collection.
I am going to check your website right now!!

Martin427
Here's another one to add to your collection. I have a pair of these emblems (plates) that were used on the Phase III valve covers.

Nice, eh? :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To: urbman

Thanks for those photos! I have seen pics of this car on some another website but they were desperatly small. Theese are just perfect.

Anybody knows how many of theese "upgraded" Corvettes were produced?

To: 67heaven

Really nice!!!
And your web is just amazing as is your vette (it is your, right?). One question: While surfing on the net I have seen dozens of vettes modified by they owners. It is really so "easy" to modify them due to their fiberglass bodies? Sometimes it seems like they are big, fast and expensive plastic kits.

See you soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts