Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The banking industry justifies the higher fees on its machines, saying that the expense of maintaining and operating their ATM networks is rising. Banks spend $12,000 to $15,000 a year to maintain each ATM, according to the ABA.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
The banking industry justifies the higher fees on its machines, saying that the expense of maintaining and operating their ATM networks is rising. Banks spend $12,000 to $15,000 a year to maintain each ATM, according to the ABA.
The question I have is: you were not expecting this? :laughing:

The left wants our gubermint to regulate and inforce paperwork and forms to watch over the banks causing the banks to to raise their fees to cover this, all the while allowing the same banking pratices to continue. I don't see Barney Fwanks suffering any hardship since the Fann/Feddie debockel:smack

I know how much you apreciate corporations (ment to be a funny :D) but Corporations don't pay ANY TAXES, their CUSTOMERS DO :lookinup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question I have is: you were not expecting this? :laughing:

:
Of course I was.

Problem is....
Banks would rather see debit cards abolished altogether, along with personal checks.

It's more than just expenses to run the systems.

They do all they crying about bankruptcies, but the truth is, personal checks and debit cards help people reduce spending and bank fees.

They want people to spend more money and even go into debt.
people are flocking away from credit card use and spending more frugally since the recession and our current poor economy, now they are trying to drive the people back into credit card use, and drive them into more random spending.

Sure they want to make up the money lost with the new regulations, but they were planning in raising atm fees and discontinuing personal checks for quite a few years now.

Transfer of wealth, Baby!

not from you to the poor blacks on welfare....
From you to the rich.

Just like when your taxes went to the banks for bailouts.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Of course I was.

Problem is....
Banks would rather see debit cards abolished altogether, along with personal checks.

It's more than just expenses to run the systems.

They do all they crying about bankruptcies, but the truth is, personal checks and debit cards help people reduce spending and bank fees.
No! -no that's not true in any way shape or form. It is in every way the exact opposite of what you stated.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
This cracks me up. Does somebody handcuff you and force you to use an ATM at gunpoint? I haven't used an ATM in 20 years. I anticipate my cash needs and get it at the bank ahead of time. This is like any other service. If you are willing to pay the fee for the service, use it. If you aren't, don't use it.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
This cracks me up. Does somebody handcuff you and force you to use an ATM at gunpoint? I haven't used an ATM in 20 years. I anticipate my cash needs and get it at the bank ahead of time. This is like any other service. If you are willing to pay the fee for the service, use it. If you aren't, don't use it.
You're still using cash? Come on TEX-- hell even micky D's takes the debit card now...I've had the same $40 in my wallet for atleast 2 weeks now.

But if you must.. Either get your money on check out at any grocery store or Walmart. Or join a bank that has a thousand ATMS locally and don't pay for their useage with a nominal direct deposit..

·
Registered
710 Posts
Shamefull! A business charging for their srevices. We can only hope that the federal government takes over and nationalizes all the banks. Then we never have to worry about paying for their services ever again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've been around long enough to have walked into a bank as a teenager and see ATM's
first come into service.
My mom and I asked what they were for and why have them.

They are cheaper then having a live person wait on you. So it saves the bank lots of
money. They are easy to use and free to the customer and will reduce your time in line.

SO.... $12k to 15k for a ATM vs 30k to 50k for a teller. The banks don't charge you $3
bucks when you walk in and make a withdrawal.

Let the banks remove their 15k ATM's on inexpensive computer networks and hire more living breathing 30k+ employees!

FEE's are just a cash cow for the banks! Just like adding 0.50 cents to a burger king
whopper for a 0.02 cent slice of cheese. Rip off and cash cow.
AND they are easy to get around, just go to YOUR banks ATM, or get cash back when
making a purchase at the store.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
AND they are easy to get around, just go to YOUR banks ATM, or get cash back when
making a purchase at the store.
Or bank close to where you work or live so you can see a live teller. I don't think there are many commercial corners where you can't throw a rock and hit a bank.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're still using cash? Come on TEX-- hell even micky D's takes the debit card now...I've had the same $40 in my wallet for atleast 2 weeks now.

:agree:

This is 2011.
Most people use debit or credit everywhere.

This is going to be a big expenses control problem when debit cards, atms and personal checks are discontinued for many people.

My family uses cash or checks mostly, to avoid getting our cards skimmed, and to control expenses.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:agree:

This is 2011.
Most people use debit or credit everywhere.

This is going to be a big expenses control problem when debit cards, atms and personal checks are discontinued for many people.

My family uses cash or checks mostly, to avoid getting our cards skimmed, and to control expenses.
I also prefer cash for smaller purchases. Every Friday I get enough cash to last me the weekend for purchases under about $50. If it's more than that I use the card. I usually have enough left over on Monday to buy lunch the rest of the week. I just basically plan well enough that I never need an ATM. When my planning is inadequate, there is always the card. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also prefer cash for smaller purchases. Every Friday I get enough cash to last me the weekend for purchases under about $50. If it's more than that I use the card. I usually have enough left over on Monday to buy lunch the rest of the week. I just basically plan well enough that I never need an ATM. When my planning is inadequate, there is always the card. :thumbsup:
We never use our cards outdoors where skimming occurs, use credit only for online purchases or traveling, and use our debit cards only localy if we have sudden expenses.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I never carry cash. I use my debt card for everything from gas to utilities. My tax dude loves it. Never a lost receipt. Itemized deductions are a breeze.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
We never use our cards outdoors where skimming occurs, use credit only for online purchases or traveling, and use our debit cards only localy if we have sudden expenses.
Like no one ever has their card info stolen online or while traveling.. those are the most sought after ways for an easy kill...

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
When I was a kid, I always wanted to be like my uncle who carried a roll of cash as big as a baseball at all times. The outside of the roll was a $100 bill. I was a teen before I found out for sure what was inside. Of course, it was about a hundred $1 bills. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
When I was a kid, I always wanted to be like my uncle who carried a roll of cash as big as a baseball at all times. The outside of the roll was a $100 bill. I was a teen before I found out for sure what was inside. Of course, it was about a hundred $1 bills. :laughing:
hey even today walking around with $200 is quite a finacial feat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts