Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Production C8 StingRay "Fully Optioned" Z-51 was donated by GM for a Charity sale and the hammer fell at $3 Million!

THIS is sort of a head scratcher. We were told that like the auction of the final C7, the red C8 at the auction was NOT THE VIN # 001 Black C8 that "...will be produced in a few weeks..." ????

If you have been following the official reports of VIN numbers, tested C8s and Production VIN numbers, you know that the red C8 tested by all of the Car Rags was VIN #10 and we were assured it was a "production car." Now I guess we have to assume it was a "Production (Bowling Green Assem. Line Assembled) Pre-Production (not the start of dealer unit production) car. SHEEESH. I'm going to have to go back to old posts to try to see if this fits into all that confusing "Four, Five or Six different VIN# 001..." explanation we were provided.

ANYWAY, no surprise that Rick Hendrick was the auction winner. He also won the Charity auction for VIN #001 C7 for which he paid $1 Million. Generous guy who must have a HUGE income in order to not only afford this, but utilize some VERY large tax deductions. Hendrick also has a HUGE car collection dominated by milestone Corvettes.

Here is a link to an article about his PRIVATE collection.

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/video-check-out-rick-hendricks-insane-car-collection/

Here is a video of that collection and a Hendrick interview at the Hendrick Motorsports Museum" (click the link in the Header):

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read a long article about Hendrick's collection and one line in there is this statement "...some sparkling new, others expensive beyond the means of most, some never driven, all owned by Hendrick..." seems to imply that at least some ARE driven.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
Talk about deep pockets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts