Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
He has a good reputation for putting a carb together right. I use holleys exclusively but spend about a day per car reworking them to get them right. Right out of the box I find that a holley doesn't work too well. Especially the double pumpers. They are too rich in the idle and light cruise and jetting doesn't help this range.
The Barry Grand carbs are worked in this area. The demons right out of the box are also hit and miss but they do have adjustable air bleeds .
Straight out of the box holleys and demons are not always very good. While I don't have any first hand experience with Barry Grant I have heard good things about them, Nothing bad.

· Registered
746 Posts
The first thing to do with a holley is drill at least .100 holes in the throttle plates on any plate that has an idle circuit plus put .015 wire in the idle circuit. This just gets to close to the correct leanness. Jetting doesn't help the lower circuit. I have also in extreme cases plugged part of the transfer passages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.