Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Barry Grant's are very nice, but unless your pushing 400+hp and looking to cut off a 10th of a sec. I would just buy a reg. holley.
As for the edelbrocks go! Right now I'm not to happy with them, last week I bought two 750s and these carbs are so far off the mark it's not funny! I just had to order another $75. worth of mettering rod's & jet's to try to get them dialed in, Holley would be a quick jet change (if anything) and off you go. I'm not trashing these carb's yet they may work out great, but from the factory with 113 pri. jets 107 secondary just seem's like they did'nt put a lot of thought in to them.
As a mater of fact when I called them last week they said they do that so they can't be held liable for burnt pistons that's why they give you the rejet inst. (that was a quote) well nobody's going to burn a piston with that setup thats for sure!
I'll let you know how I make out when there done, I hope they work out well but they could spend more time on R&D.

· Registered
45 Posts
I agree 100% but with the holley at least it run's good enough to get a base line (I'm not talking about Barry's carbs) these Edelbrock's are so rich it's not funny. the carb's are webber and the improvements they made I like. There base line is so far off when I started the eng's. (355 cid. trickflows, 9.7:1 open exhaust) the black carbon that came out the back was unreal, then I run them in, (liked the throtle responce to 3000 very good) hit the throtles looking for 5000, fouled the plug's @ 3500 I have never had such a mismatch before. Like I said though I'm hopeing for the best if I can dial them in in a couple hours and they work like I hope they will ,then I'll be happy and know what to expect the next time, if not then I'll never buy them again and stick to holley.

· Registered
45 Posts
Ok. I said when I was done i would let you know what happened.
Today was the first chance to test them & try to set them up.

Both Edelbrock 750's are in the dumpster!!!!! They SUCK. Holley's no problem. When I said in the dumpster I'm not kidding there not worth the time to f--k with!

· Registered
45 Posts
biltogo said:
Oh mannnnnnnnnnn:( Send them to me....Those carbs are sooooooooooo easy to tune in.:cheers:
after I calmed down the next day I did get them out.

They are "not" easy to tune when you have to" order "all the part's that makes these carb's very hard to tune! I have to go I 'm not done I'll get back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.