Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off as you can all imagine since it is in here it isn't for a Corvette. But I was wondering if anyone knew how much a full Bassani exhaust would cost on a '93 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L. I'm also on a Mustang Forum, but they are pretty much worthless. Also if anyone knows a better system to go with just let me know your opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
sure that wouldn't be better spent saving for the C6?
iv'e heard a few super loud throaty mustangs around here,they both had flow-master,no-cats.comes as a kit,and i will bet it's less than half the cost of Bassani,a Z06 at work has Bassani cat-back,sounds like the motor boat Corsa to me,but never heard a stang with Bassani.........good luck.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Currently my Mustang is sitting with an offroad H-pipe with flowmasters. It is pretty loud, but I want a good set of headers and I've heard the x-pipe is a lot better than the H-pipe. Oh and I've got the C6 covered. Got a deal with my dad that when I graduate from here he is going to buy me the Corvette I want which I'm hoping is the Z06 C6!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Man, Mustang 5.0's with straight pipes sound KICK ASS. Way better than my C4 with the mufflers cut out.

I had 3 stangs way back. No mufflers was the #1 priority!

Of course, I can get the GS sideways at 70 mph.... hahaha...

Seriously though, 5.0 stangs sound sweet.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:agree: they sound good with minimum changes.the ones in hawaii,all sound pretty good,
damn,your a lucky man if your dad will do that for you.good just to have a dad.:(
on the c5,the x-pipe kicks ass on the h-pipe,makes a few horses and torque,and even's out the pulses.i'm sure i would do the same for your set up.........:smokin:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm lucky and thankful that I have a good relationship with my dad. Oh and Patrick, I'm working on getting the Mustang to do that. I always tell my dad that my Mustang has to be as fast as my Corvette when I get it. Atleast in a straight line. I'm a ways off right now though.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I didn't want the big pipes coming out the back where would you recommend that I make my exhaust exit out? I've heard that if you don't have the pipes running to the back of the car the exhaust will seep back up into the car which could cause carbon monoxide poisoning and stuff like that. Oh and Patrick, if you don't have mufflers how do you exit your exhaust?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
TreCool626 said:
If I didn't want the big pipes coming out the back where would you recommend that I make my exhaust exit out? I've heard that if you don't have the pipes running to the back of the car the exhaust will seep back up into the car which could cause carbon monoxide poisoning and stuff like that. Oh and Patrick, if you don't have mufflers how do you exit your exhaust?
I had the mufflers cut out, then straight pipe welded in place of it.

But, I tossed that whole system and got Corsa's. I had been going on a LOT of road trips, and couldn't hear my cell phone ring if I had it on my shoulder! :surprised

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
would be cool if the pipes came down at an angle right in front of the rear tires:thumbsup: thats were i would put mine,but there's not enough room,from my rocker panel to the ground,is 2 inchs.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that would drag just a little...:laughing: I'd like to put mine in a position that they are really hard to see. Right now I just have the stock LX look with the big polished pipes coming out the back and that makes it look like it might be something. I want it to look plainer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts