Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone,
it's been almost two years since i bought the car,other than my mods this is the first thing i NEED to replace.How much did you all pay for your red top Optima's?
Also whats your favorite plugs,NGK.?I will change those also.Thanks for any input....:smokin:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i used in my 89..alot of people (c5 anyway) go with the NGK.
maybe champions,just kidding.;)

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
.How much did you all pay for your red top Optima's?
Paid $119.95 at Pep Boys about a year ago

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbsup: are you happy with the battery.?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I bought 2 Red Tops at Costco, I think with tax they were right about $110.
Put 1 in my 98 coupe, I sold that the battery was fine. i put the other in my son's 99 GTP, it is still doing fine after about a year of all seasons her in Illinois.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks,we do have a costco,so i'm there tomorrow.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The one thing I noticed about Costco was they (at least the one I went to) didn't seem to be selling many Red Tops, there were alot there and they were dusty so the 2 I bought had spent some time on the shelf. I don't know if that is good or bad..??!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
got mine at autozone, not too many buy optimas,,,,just real car guys or sterios nuts,, most regulars buy cheapos to get by,, I bought a good battery for my street rod and should have bought an potima, instead,, I put one in my 98 and love it,,,,fit great,, the yellow top is better than the red top but cost more,,,,,,,if you have a jump pack or another battery with jump calbes, hook it to the positive terminal under the fuse box cover and the negative to a good ground before you remove the battery cabled from your old one,, this will keep you memories and stuff,,saves the hassle of resettting all the stuff , even the sterio anti-theft....I did this and had not problems,,,,sucks to have a dead battery,, I bought my 98 4 months ago and it had the orignal battery with no leaks,,, the owner removed it in the winter and kept it charged, I had it go bad two weeks after I got the car,, but it did never leak,, I di go as far to install the battery mat just in case,, I know the red top wount leak,, but I am reduntantly paranoid about the computer and all the crap under the battery,,,,lol....just go get one and doent worry about the few bucks you might save here or there,,,I used to worry about 5 bucks cheaper, but just get it and go now,,,,i it was 50 bucks, thats diffeerent..lol,,,,,

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info,i know about the memory stuff,My battery never leaked either,but i was cleaning the engine,the hood light stayed on for 10 min,then the car barely started,It barely starts after sitting for a long time,and the volts are 12.0 in the morning,not sure when crancking.So friday morning it's off to Costco,I like the red-top because it will match my engine compartment,see...i think all Optimas are gel filled,no fluids...:buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
...i think all Optimas are gel filled,no fluids...:buhbye:
[
They are. One reason racers use them. If a car goes upside down it won't leak

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well,there was only 2 places that had Optimas,Costco(out of stock 3 months)and 4 wheel parts hawaii.I had to pay $160,they only had one and hawaii markes everything up,so thats probably not bad,thanks for everyones opinions.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts