Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to relocate the battery to the passenger side rear compartment and the fuse panel to the battery original location behind the driver seat. For a few reasons, I am a big man so transferring the battery weight to the passenger side can only help, also hooking up a charger or jump box behind the driver seat is a real pain. I also am far to old and big to climb under the dash when I need to troubleshoot electrical issues or fuses. I already have a full GM extended length wire harness for this project but wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a good battery relocation kit. Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

· Registered
125 Posts
the boxes the battery and the one behind the passenger seat are fairly small. I would think you could just move the wires over and connect them in the passenger compartment. Remember your jack is under the passenger compartment so it will not be easily accessed unless you remove the battery.

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,637 Posts
but wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a good battery relocation kit. Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Any competent fabrication shop should be able to do it. Not that hard

· Registered
1 Posts
HIgh temperatures are hard on batteries. Locating them in the trunk or sometimes under the rear seat can make them much cooler and they have longer life. Not a lot. You need to run a thick heavy cable from the battery to the starter, so you can save overall weight and money by keeping that short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts