Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang,
Quik question. I have an 89, distributor has all new components. Still no spark. For test purposes, can i run a wire from the battery to the battery terminal on the distributor and try to fire the car?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
For test purposes, can i run a wire from the battery to the battery terminal on the distributor and try to fire the car?
Sure, but have you checked this terminal for battery voltage already?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, when i get home in a little while i will. Just want the info in case theres no voltage. Is the distributor terminal live all the time, or just when the ignition is in run or start?
Thanks bro

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Is the distributor terminal live all the time, or just when the ignition is in run or start?
Thanks bro
Just in run and start.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. Both the battery and tach terminal on the dizzy had power with the key off, then no power with key in the run position. I was using a 12 v test light

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting frustrating. With key on, i have power to the distributor battery and tach terminals. Still no spark at plugs. We have no emissions here, thought about this before, thinking of going carberated, regular HEI distributor, and LT4 hot cam. my friend just finished this on his 89

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Check power at the coil or coil is bad.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Ok, i didnt check the coil assuming its good since its brand new. Guess it could be a fautly unit

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
and the module? is it good?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, module is new, pick up coil is new. My friend even came over on sunday, he has my old 89 vette, we dropped his distributor in my car, nothing, put it back on his car and he drove off. Im trippin on this issue
Thinking about just ordering a rebuilt ECM since there only $100 bucks. Even if i do the carb and cam swap, the computer will still run everything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts