Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep having random issues with my bayyery being drained. I looked up the DTC Codes and found these:

BCM:
B0433 H: Rear Defogger Relay Circuit
B2528 H: Horn Relay Circuit
B2578 H: Right Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit
B2583 H: Left Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit
B2588 H: Column Lock/Unlock Drive A
B2593 H: Column Lock/Unlock Drive B

AO - LDCM:
B2282 H: Battery #1 Circuit
B2284 H: Battery #2 Circuit
U1064 H: Loss of Communications with BCM

A1 - RDCM:
B2283 H: Battery #1 Circuit
B2285 H: Battery #2 Circuit

A6 - SCM:
B0851 H: Battery 1 Out of Range
B2605 H: Seat Front Vert. Position Sensor Failure

BO - RFA:
U1255 H: Serial Data Line Malfunction
C2120 H: TPM System Malfunction
C2121 C: TPM System Programming Malfunction

Any ideas what to do to fix the problem?!

·
Banned
591 Posts
I assume you have a known good battery and a good charging system ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you have a known good battery and a good charging system ?
The battery is only a couple of weeks old and prior to reading the codes I had it out on my charger where it said it was charged 100%. I don't think there are issues with the charging system because I can jump start it and it runs fine and will charge the battery. It just drains it at random! I could go a month of no issues and then come out to a dead battery!

·
Registered
606 Posts
All but one of the DTCs were history.
Clear them and see if any of the same return

A battery can be new, it can charge but it also can have a bad cell so use a load tester and be sure it is not the problem

Many small relays are used, they can get tripped into a closed state which then would drain voltage so now and then cause then to change state like moving seat, mirrors, etc

Check lights like under hood are in fact timing out and going off

If you want to debug this use a amp meter at battery and when you catch current draw ( after doors closed for like 15 minutes) then start pulling fuses and relays one by one until current drain stops to know what function causes the random drain

Check by BCM at the Starbus for any wiring connectors partly loose.

I keep having random issues with my bayyery being drained. I looked up the DTC Codes and found these:

BCM:
B0433 H: Rear Defogger Relay Circuit
B2528 H: Horn Relay Circuit
B2578 H: Right Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit
B2583 H: Left Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit
B2588 H: Column Lock/Unlock Drive A
B2593 H: Column Lock/Unlock Drive B

AO - LDCM:
B2282 H: Battery #1 Circuit
B2284 H: Battery #2 Circuit

A1 - RDCM:
B2283 H: Battery #1 Circuit
B2285 H: Battery #2 Circuit

A6 - SCM:
B0851 H: Battery 1 Out of Range
B2605 H: Seat Front Vert. Position Sensor Failure

BO - RFA:
U1255 H: Serial Data Line Malfunction
C2120 H: TPM System Malfunction
C2121 C: TPM System Programming Malfunction

Any ideas what to do to fix the problem?!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All but one of the DTCs were history.
Clear them and see if any of the same return

A battery can be new, it can charge but it also can have a bad cell so use a load tester and be sure it is not the problem

Many small relays are used, they can get tripped into a closed state which then would drain voltage so now and then cause then to change state like moving seat, mirrors, etc

Check lights like under hood are in fact timing out and going off

If you want to debug this use a amp meter at battery and when you catch current draw ( after doors closed for like 15 minutes) then start pulling fuses and relays one by one until current drain stops to know what function causes the random drain

Check by BCM at the Starbus for any wiring connectors partly loose.
I just took it to run a couple of errands and when I first tried to start it there was just barely enough battery power to start the car. After about 45 minutes of driving, I re-checked the DTC Codes when I got home and came up with three changes:

40 - BCM: B2592 H: Column Lock/Unlock Drive B
99 - HVAC: B0367 H: Right Actuator Feedback Open
BO - RFA: C2120 H & C: TPM System Malfunction

·
Registered
606 Posts
Since each time you are getting different DTCs which are random then you need to pin down if in fact battery has good cells.

Check battery cables and battery posts.
Check for loose main ground on frame below battery and also the ground splice packs.

Maybe it is a starter solenoid issue or wiring connectors to it are loose and also when engine is running that the Alt is putting out like 14 volts.

Again do amp draw testing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since each time you are getting different DTCs which are random then you need to pin down if in fact battery has good cells.

Check for loose main ground on frame below battery and also the ground splice packs.

Maybe it is a starter solenoid issue or wiring connectors to it are loose and also when engine is running that the Alt is putting out like 14 volts.

Thanks! Bill Curlee on another forum recommended the same thing! I have the battery out and charging now and will take it down for a load test tomorrow! Also going to clean all of my cable connections and starter connections with brake cleaner before puttng it all back together with a good, tested battery.

My gauge was reading 14.3 - 14.5 while under a load when I had it out a couple of hours ago...

Thanks, again! Will post how tomorrow's results turn out!

·
Banned
591 Posts

good posting ! :cheers:

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
He is right about the bad cell,Several years ago I put a new battery in my vehicle and it started fine almost every other time, they did an individual cell test and found one bad. I would alsotry swapping batteries with another vehicle if you have one with close to the same CCA as the one in the vette,that should narrow it down.:thumbsup:Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts