Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to change the car's battery, so I bought new one and checked if it fits in its place. I disconnected the old battery, took it out, so the car was without electrical current for 30 minutes or so. Then I reconnected the old battery back and the car is "electrically dead". DIC and instrument pannel is totaly off, radio will not turn on, like there would be no battery connected. So I checked with measuring instrument and the electrical circle seems fine.

What is going on here?
Is there a special battery change procedure or what? Did I toast something?

Please help me diagnose this problem?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think before you change the battery you need to pat your head 3 times while rubbing your stomach counter clockwise.

Just kidding..

When you hook up the new battery does the light under the dash come on? Did you get a slight electric spark as the second bolt (either negative or positive)touched the battery? If no then I would guess you may have a bad cable. With the battery attached try rocking the battery cables and see if it makes a difference..lights come on...whatever.

It may also be that the battery cable at the battery isn't making contact to the front (that round circle around the battery threaded hole) you may need to stick a washer in there? It's got to be cable related.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the reason...... :)

the plus cable connector was so rusty under rubber cover that there was no connection after reconnecting cables. But I didn't see it. Then I figured, where is the spark anyway and removed that rubber. Well, my baby is back to life again :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts