Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would like some opinions on the problem here..... Had to replace head gasket, radiator and some other stuff that started with a dead battery (which does not make sense to me, but there it is). Then when I got it back, I started getting Pull key wait 10 seconds shutoff thing even though recall was done years ago. Mech had it all last week trying to track down that problem and has now ordered a new BCM, but things are getting worse. The key fob started failing intermittently and seat moves randomly when key is inserted. Today, the passenger DRL failed but would still blink, replacing didn't help. While running codes, radio lost it's bass then everything died and car will not start (click sound). Can this all be related to the BCM or the battery or both? Supposedly the battery checked out when he had it. This is costing a ton of money. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Symptom of low or now dead battery. Get battery checked at different place.

Why from dead battery did head gasket and radiator go? This the shop telling you all this ? They see $$$ when you come by ??? :oops:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he's been my mechanic forever and a friend even longer. No idea about the battery and then the gasket. That is my question that no one has answered. I'm not big on the coincidence theory. The battery has been charged and load tested twice and so something is draining it in the car I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, even went back through to make sure grounds were good after the gasket incident. I got two codes, the DRL and the radio (which I missed because that's when the car died). The battery has been charged full for three days now out of the car. Anyway, he is replacing the BCM today so will see what happens. I appreciate your thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts