Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storing both cars during this winter and need some advice on a battery tender. Thinking I can pick up a single battery tender and then every week switch back and fourth between the cars. Should work. If I get into a pattern like switching them every Saturday morning I think one will do.

Buy one or two?
What's the average price for one?
Brand names?

-TIA

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
ragvette said:
Storing both cars during this winter and need some advice on a battery tender. Thinking I can pick up a single battery tender and then every week switch back and fourth between the cars. Should work. If I get into a pattern like switching them every Saturday morning I think one will do.

Buy one or two?
What's the average price for one?
Brand names?

-TIA
I have no idea what a batter tender is. :confused: Normally I would just disconnect the batter cable, and reconnect at another time. If it doesn't start, I trickle charge it at a low amp overnight.

Now, what is the tender?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have also been using the Autometer, no complaints here. Works great and the people at Autometer are great to deal with as well.
I think I paid around $50-$60

One thing to keep in mind is where you plan to mount the unit, the unit comes with 2 cables, one with aligator type clips and one with ring terminals.
Both cables are only about 3-4 ft long.
I was using mine for my Camaro where the battery is mounted up front so it was close to the wall where the unit was mounted. When I got the Corvette
I discovered the cable was too short to reach the battery. I called Autometer and explained the problem and they sent me an additional cable free of charge.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a couple of "Battery Tenders" like the ones sold by the National Corvette Museum (see pic).

Since my Grand Sport is an infrequent driver and our Triumph TR6 only sees the road when I've saved up money for repairs :(, the Tenders keep me from buying lots of new batteries.

The GS' original battery is still going strong -- I think it's because I always keep it plugged into the Tender...

Brad

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
GS Ragtop said:
I bought a couple of "Battery Tenders" like the ones sold by the National Corvette Museum (see pic).

Since my Grand Sport is an infrequent driver and our Triumph TR6 only sees the road when I've saved up money for repairs :(, the Tenders keep me from buying lots of new batteries.

The GS' original battery is still going strong -- I think it's because I always keep it plugged into the Tender...

Brad
Brad, thanks for that GREAT picture!!! I'm a big "picture" guy myself. I like to see what people are talking about... ya know?

Patrick

·
Registered
2 Posts
A better idea would be to move to Southern California. That way you wouldn't need to store your Vette. You could drive it year round, like me! :D

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LS1_Pilot said:
A better idea would be to move to Southern California. That way you wouldn't need to store your Vette. You could drive it year round, like me! :D
You have a spare bedroom? :D

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Rodney, if you but just one battery tender that will work fine. Just alternate them every few weeks. Ive been using my tender for many years without issues.:D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Hey Rodney, if you but just one battery tender that will work fine. Just alternate them every few weeks. Ive been using my tender for many years without issues.:D
Love me, tender.....

B

·
0 Posts
Actually, I think I need a new one. Rodney, where did you order yours and how much was it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
LS 1

Some guys like to rub it in!!!!!

Us snowbound members really hate to hear about you lucky dogs that get to drive your Vettes all year round

It's a jealousy thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts