Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering some aftermarket heads for my '68 427 Vette.
It seems that the best choice for street use is the Edelbrock 6045 oval port (a buddy of mine over here has run high 9 second times in a '55 with gas using these heads)
Have any of you guys had experience of the Chapman ported versions of this head.
I am based in the UK and haven't managed to get a response to any of my enquiries from these companies.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I have the Edelbrock oval ports on my 454...and I LOVE THEM!

I don't have any info for you on the champion job.

Good luck on your search.

My buddy ran the DART heads on his 540 big block, and he loves them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replys Fella's. The reason I asked about the Chapman CNC ported 6045's is that it would seem that generally rectangular ported heads are a little too much for a 'small' big block. The Edelbrock heads seem to give the best combination of low-end response and high-end horse power. I wondered though if too much of a 'good thing' ie; ported 6045's would give the same type of low-end problems as rectangular heads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dart also makes an oval ported head that should be very good.

www.dartheads.com/

My Dart heads came very well finished with high quality valves and springs in them. However, mine are rectangular port.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm looking for new heads also for my '69 L-46 high performance 350. I've got cams, exhaust, intake manifold and all those goodies. im running close too 400 hp right now and I was just wondering what I should expect after adding some heads? Thanks a lot guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts