Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking I may need a new BCM. I had a clogged A/C drain and water leaked into the passengers side and got the BCM wet. It malfunctioned for an hour or so by switching the traction control on and off rapidly. I was also getting strange DIC messages like "Targa Open" . I have a coupe. Anyway, I have had this problem once before but under warranty. The fix including a new BCM was $1040. I know I can purchase the BCM from GM PartsDirect for about $150, but they come unprogrammed. I do not think it can just be installed. Is there any way to do this without going to a dealer and paying through the nose? Could I take the new BCM to a dealer and have them program it? The install looks to be only some plugs, and does not look complicated. Anyone else had something similar. I have a 2000 C5 A4. Thanks Mike F.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My BCM is not at all well. I will need to have another one installed after it is programmed. Thanks for your reply. Mike F.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Water leaked into mine recently. I'm getting it back from the dealer tomorrow though. My pcm and bcm were both fried. I installed a new pcm myself which was fairly easy but didn't attempt to mess with the bcm. The GM installed a new bcm along with replacing many fuses. After programming and towing fees it set me back $750.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts