Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys, i am finised for the day. i have started to take my car apart and starting to prep the car for some paint. I have already spent 12 hrs on my car and i am not even close to finish. But i know it will all be worth it in the end. Ok you guys what do you think velocity yellow with the black GS stripe, or competition yellow with the BLK GS. What is the diffirence between them? Sorry for the huge pics. I will take more as i go along

Ozzie:buhbye:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hmmmmm... that's a tough choice. I would go with Velocity Yellow on the C4, that would look totally unique. Looks like this is going to be one wicked car. What all have you done to it so far?
~Rob:partyon:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey wizard,

Just thought I'd give you a lil hint!.....Might pay to mask up those pretty wheels of yours, might save you some time when she's done.

Wet sanding sludge sets like glue!

looking good though

great to see someone thats not afraid to jump in the deep end:thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Talk about stance!

I'll put in a plug for Millennium Yellow. I've seen it next to Velocity yellow and it just seems to pop more. MY is slightly darker, almost giving VY a pastel look when side by side. I've never seen a competition yellow next to MY or VY, but whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with yellow... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sorry, I liked the green. I'll shut up now. Just ignore this post.:spanked:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the Comp. yellow but... I'd like to see them next to each other. Good Luck on your choice?

Color changing :excited:, Ohhhhhhhh the masking, the agony of tape:thud: ... ;)

Keep the pix coming of your progress.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey wizard,

Just thought I'd give you a lil hint!.....Might pay to mask up those pretty wheels of yours, might save you some time when she's done.

Wet sanding sludge sets like glue!

looking good though

great to see someone thats not afraid to jump in the deep end:thumbsup:
Yeah i know, thanks for the tip. I have done that before and it took a lot of rubbing to get that stuff off. Man it is going to be tuff. I have to see the two colors in person to deside.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Wizard,
How do you get to the backside of the rear assembly to get it off? Eventually I want to change mine and I've wondered how to get it off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wizard,
How do you get to the backside of the rear assembly to get it off? Eventually I want to change mine and I've wondered how to get it off.
driley, i just stuck my arm through the tailmlights and took out all the bolts, there are also some under the rear wheels. I had to tug on it a liitle to take them out. i will take some pics of where the screws were tomorrow.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cool, I appreciate it. Hell, I'm not sure how to get the tailights out either. Can probably figure that out, just never tried.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the first thing i did is take the reverse lights with a 7mm. Then after you take them off you can get your arm in there ( might get scractched) then you can feel there are two more 7mm screws behined every tail light, there are also two holding up the third brake light. After you take the lights off you have to take out the light socket from them. Once you do that you have access to the rear bumber screws, you will the 7mm and a 10 mm, to take the bumper off, just dont forget the botom screws that are above the reat quarter light.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beauty and the beast Update (pics)

Well just primered my car this weekend. so far i have around 30 hrs on it, stil have a bit to go:thud: Sorry if there are to many pics. Will post more as i go along:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Don't forget the license plate filler panel.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Looking great...but you will kick yourself later if you don't pull the body side moldings and little 3" quarter moldings off now and paint under them.

I am right where you are...but about 200 more hours due to collision repairs and getting rid of old paint.

Yellow with a black stripe????? Not my style. There is one in Winter Haven done that way. It gets attention from a mile away...but there is something about it that doesn't keep your attention after the first glance. Maybe because the yellow is so powerful, where a darker color leaves a bit to the imagination, and forces you to keep looking...or maybe because light colors like yellow, white, and silver are hard to really see the GLOSS and reflections of things around them.

You have the right colored interior to go with either shade of yellow...so have fun with it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking great...but you will kick yourself later if you don't pull the body side moldings and little 3" quarter moldings off now and paint under them.

I am right where you are...but about 200 more hours due to collision repairs and getting rid of old paint.

Yellow with a black stripe????? Not my style. There is one in Winter Haven done that way. It gets attention from a mile away...but there is something about it that doesn't keep your attention after the first glance. Maybe because the yellow is so powerful, where a darker color leaves a bit to the imagination, and forces you to keep looking...or maybe because light colors like yellow, white, and silver are hard to really see the GLOSS and reflections of things around them.

You have the right colored interior to go with either shade of yellow...so have fun with it.
Yeah, i will take the quarter moldings off. Yeah i agree when ever i drove my metallic polo green everyone loved the paint, but i just wanted to change from a sexy polo green to a more flashy yellow. I will prabably change back to polo green in a few years. Well hopefully it comes out how i picture it :lookinup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wow you've come a long way, looks great!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts