Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
No sir my offsets will not work on your car.
Thanks any ways I seen after what your rear rims cost too much for me.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Nothing done on the swap....but I have put 4500 miles on the car since wheels and brakes. I am very pleased with how the car rides and drives. The turn in on turns is amazing!!! but I havent got to try the exit yet as the clutch has been slipping for a while. The only thing I plan to change is shocks.

Now for the bad..there could be a change of plans unless some one can talk me out of it.....no its not being sold. Different motor is all:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Now for the bad..there could be a change of plans unless some one can talk me out of it.....no its not being sold. Different motor is all

OK you have my attention...what are you thinking?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Well I have burnt myself out on this car. For a lil over 2yrs I have spent countless hrs to get it to its present state. All I need is a trans, clutch and connecting the pipes from the intercooler to the motor which is only a couple hrs of work. It's not that I don't want to work on the car, just need a break for a lil while.

I just bought a 03 blazer and want to install just the iron ls in it and do what this car deserves and use a aluminum block with good internals and change the internal on the turbo for the new motor.

Shot I took before leaving for carlisle this morning. I really hate seeing it dirty but have enjoyed it more than I ever have.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pics of said blazer and swap parts or else I dont believe it :D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I just bought a 03 blazer and want to install just the iron ls in it and do what this car deserves and use a aluminum block with good internals and change the internal on the turbo for the new motor.

I think that's a good idea. That will allow you to run and LS and enjoy the car then put the good motor in it after you build it the right way.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
LS in the blazer is out....it pushes like a D9 Caterpillar:laughing:. I am going to finish the car with what I have. No speed records are going to be broken on the install, just plain & simple. It did make its way into the shop today under it own power!!!!

This is going to hurt some Vette feelings....at 200 thousand miles I quit maintaining this car. No oil changes, 87 gas, no air filter, always 1/2 gallon or more low on water, 80k on the fuel filter....it will not die! The fuel filter is stopped up now and not getting fuel. I have only added 3 quarts of oil in 60k miles, only starting to smoke on start-up with original seals. If it had a clutch I would put it up next to any stock C4.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
LS in the blazer is out....it pushes like a D9 Caterpillar:laughing:. I am going to finish the car with what I have. No speed records are going to be broken on the install, just plain & simple. It did make its way into the shop today under it own power!!!!

This is going to hurt some Vette feelings....at 200 thousand miles I quit maintaining this car. No oil changes, 87 gas, no air filter, always 1/2 gallon or more low on water, 80k on the fuel filter....it will not die! The fuel filter is stopped up now and not getting fuel. I have only added 3 quarts of oil in 60k miles, only starting to smoke on start-up with original seals. If it had a clutch I would put it up next to any stock C4.
:thumbsup: Cant wait to see the progress!!!! :D Im excited for you! You are going to do maintnance on the new motor right!!?!?!?! :D :smack

141 - 152 of 152 Posts