Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2003 C5 Z06 and am considering putting on a cold air intake as well as getting a performance tune. Can someone explain to me the benefits. Is it worth it? I hope so.

I know the CAI will add a few HP (10-18?) but will the perfromance tune make a difference in HP? Is tuning worth it?

I assume these 2 mods should be done at same time.

Looking forward to a little more umph.

2/9/14: Well I added a CAI, Dynatech headers. Wow. Fantastic kick in the pants. I heard people say headers don't do to much. Yeah, say that as I blow by ya....

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'd wait till after you do full exhaust

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I added

1. Dyno tune
  2. BPP Intake with powerduct
  3. Ported TB
It woke the car up and I ran 11.741 @ 117.9 in the 1/4 mile. I don't see any reason not to do it, you can always get a retune after you add headers (my tuner re-tunes for 1/2 cost if you come back).

Benefits: More hp, turn TM off, better throttle response

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2003 C5 Z06 and am considering putting on a cold air intake as well as getting a performance tune. Can someone explain to me the benefits. Is it worth it? I hope so.

I know the CAI will add a few HP (10-18?) but will the perfromance tune make a difference in HP? Is tuning worth it?

I assume these 2 mods should be done at same time.

Looking forward to a little more umph.
Get some long tube headers before the tune also. Then you'll notice the gains.

Since your in Texas, you might as well get the LG Headers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tune

The headers will do more for you than the intake .With intake headers and Magnaflows and tune I got 325 rwh. I used ARD and they have a lifetime tune and the retune are at no cost so if you do more mods just retune.Advanced Racing Dynamics Houston,Texas 832-593-9140

Reactions: GRANDITS

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Oilguys comment is realistic, a C.A.i and a tune, you may feel a slight gain in the seat of your pants. Like everyone else said, hedders will get you some power, maybe 40 hp from hedders, intake and tune. Thats the route i went.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice everyone

I know I can toss a ton of money at all sorts of mods but want to get the best for my buck. Any idea what headers cost with install?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Not sure on the install cost. I did it myself in about 4 hours. LG longtubes, no cats with o2 simulators

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes, you'd want a tune after those mods... heck even if you were stock you would still gain from getting a tune...

the diablo products have the best gains in the business, from dyno-developed/proven tunes... they also offer the most adjustability of a handheld... and you'd gain around 20-25 hp/tq.. and once you got your fueling adjusted correctly, you'd gain quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and even better mileage - if you could keep your foot out of it hehe...

PLUS, you can get custom tuning done for it by a diablosport CMR custom tuner, such as myself....

and I'm not sure about ALL custom tuners, but I myself do not charge anything extra for tune updates when you change/add something to your vehicle...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
yes, you'd want a tune after those mods... heck even if you were stock you would still gain from getting a tune...

the diablo products have the best gains in the business, from dyno-developed/proven tunes... they also offer the most adjustability of a handheld... and you'd gain around 20-25 hp/tq.. and once you got your fueling adjusted correctly, you'd gain quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and even better mileage - if you could keep your foot out of it hehe...

PLUS, you can get custom tuning done for it by a diablosport CMR custom tuner, such as myself....

and I'm not sure about ALL custom tuners, but I myself do not charge anything extra for tune updates when you change/add something to your vehicle...
I might contact you soon. I will be doing a series of mods soon, not sure of a proven tuner for ls1's in my area, would rather be in control of my own tune. can the idle be adjusted with the predator? Thru a custom diablo download? My cam will definatly need an idle adjustment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts