Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build up my 97 vette's engine with a head/cam package. everything i've read thus far has me leaning to the AFR 205 heads but I'm not very educated on cams or how to match them to heads. I want a cam that doesn't lope excessively and i'm also considering forced induction later in the build up.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
ive read that the afr's like a little more exhaust lift and you probly wont want to go to big if your doing a super/turbo charger maby something around

224 232 .581 .595 114

JMO

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thunder racing has the TR Blower cam:
214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA

although now i'm debating if i should try to match the 205cc or 225cc. The 225 cc is reccomended for 383+ Cid motors, but if i'm considering FI, I wonder if it would balance out. There's around $200 difference between the models.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
thunder racing has the TR Blower cam:
214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA

although now i'm debating if i should try to match the 205cc or 225cc. The 225 cc is reccomended for 383+ Cid motors, but if i'm considering FI, I wonder if it would balance out. There's around $200 difference between the models.
when i was trying to decide what heads i should go with i just emailed lg and they recomended the 205cc heads for street, Anthony at lg said the 225cc heads are more for track cars so some low end will suffer on the street but you will gain more top end

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd wait until you know which route your're going to take. If you're going to stay NA I'd get the AFR 205's milled to increase CR and then put in the 224 cam that Tony Mamo @ AFR found to be an excellent match, otherwise I'd leave the combustion chambers alone and put in a cam that will complement your particular power adder.

I run the AFR 205's with a custom reverse split turbo cam.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd wait until you know which route your're going to take. If you're going to stay NA I'd get the AFR 205's milled to increase CR and then put in the 224 cam that Tony Mamo @ AFR found to be an excellent match, otherwise I'd leave the combustion chambers alone and put in a cam that will complement your particular power adder.

I run the AFR 205's with a custom reverse split turbo cam.
what are your cam's specs?

·
Registered
151 Posts
what are your cam's specs?
No one cam grind will be ideal for everyone. There are a lot of factors .. Motor size, where you want your power band, turbo specs, etc, etc.

If you decide on a TTi Stage X kit let me know and I'll put you in touch with my tuner who can help you select a cam. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts