Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

what would be the best diff. ratio for my car??
it's an '86 auto, don't know what diff.gears I have now but it's is the original, don't have the RPO list either.
I'm rebuiling it with a ZF6 gearbox 'cause the auto was old and weak and not up the a 383 mod.
I won't be racing myvette on the track so top speed and high HP isn't interesting for me, just want it to have good responce and maybe some 3rd or 4th gear wheelspin.
when I race (drag) it's not fun over here with all them slow ricers, I win with ease but I want to win big time!!
I drive home-work-home and meetings with my car so it should be easy to handle in normal traffic as well and have acceptable mileage....

any suggestions???

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
:agree: Good choice. The 3.73 is a good performance gear with decent highway driveability.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what´s the big difference between the 36 and the 44?
and is it interchangable on a C4?

·
Registered
0 Posts
myvette said:
what´s the big difference between the 36 and the 44?
and is it interchangable on a C4?
A d-36 is smaller & much weaker! I blew one up last year...You will also if you have a 383!:whip: I suggest 373's for gear. That is what I have & I love them! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will need a drive shaft from a stick/d-44 to use a d-44.
I bougt the ZF6 complete with it´s shaft from a friends wrecked car, his diff wasn´t any good so I had the plan to install all of it with my own diff, wich is most likely a DANA36.
will the shaft fit to the 36??
I'll buy me a 3.73 DANA44 in some months but would like to testdrive it first with my own diff...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts