Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some information on what would be the best drag radial tire for Drag Racing? I have a 2001 Z06 but I need to know which tire would work the best in a 17 inch or 18 inch. Also Can I fit a ZR1 rim on my car which is a 17/9 inch rim. If I can would it be best to run a 275/40/17 tire or a little wider? Thanks for any help someone can give me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I need some information on what would be the best drag radial tire for Drag Racing? I have a 2001 Z06 but I need to know which tire would work the best in a 17 inch or 18 inch. Also Can I fit a ZR1 rim on my car which is a 17/9 inch rim. If I can would it be best to run a 275/40/17 tire or a little wider? Thanks for any help someone can give me.
I wouldnt go more than 275 on a 9" rim.

The best DR's I have had were the Nitto 315/30/ZR18 on Z06 18 x 11" rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldnt go more than 275 on a 9" rim.

The best DR's I have had were the Nitto 315/30/ZR18 on Z06 18 x 11" rims.
Thanks for the reply01TEXASC5. What do you think of the BFG's? I was looking at the 315/30/18's which they have a weird tread design but supposedly a good drag tire. What part of Texas do you live at? I am originally from Junction Texas.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for the reply01TEXASC5. What do you think of the BFG's? I was looking at the 315/30/18's which they have a weird tread design but supposedly a good drag tire. What part of Texas do you live at? I am originally from Junction Texas.
I had the BFG DR's on before I put on the Nittos. Took them off. My 01 C5 was a daily driver then and the BFG's were like really soft and sticky. Would pick up every small rock while driving slow. Handled oddly on the freeway. They would really hookup good though. To much for my liking.

I am in the Houston area.

Good luck,

Darrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts