Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i am new here and already love the site. I have an 84 2 tone bronze z51 vette. as u alrready know it has the crossfire inj. I would like to swap the engine with either the L98 or Lt1. I would love to have an ls1, but i heard it is a tough swap. what would be the best swap for the least amount of money? Any input would be nice.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
The cheapest thing would be to go to the L98 top end. The LT1 would only provide a marginal improvement (in my opinion) for a significantly higher cost.

There are also other choices beside just the L98 TPI setup that you can explore as well.

What's your budget, how much experience do you have with this kind of thing, and do you have a place to do the work?

You might want to review the sticky thread on "Lessons Learned" before you let someone else start monkeying with your Vette!

Steven

BTW - Welcome to DC!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome!

i dont have experience doing that kind of thing myself, so i will be taking it somewhere. I haven't found a shop yet. Any suggestions in the dallas/fort worth area would be appreciated.

i dont have much of a budget. As little cost as possible.

thanks

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Is this an application for a 383 stroker? If so, can the TBI support it? Might be a solution with minimal cost. Just a thought...don't know small blocks.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You can keep the crossfire and still go fast. There are a couple 383 Crossfire cars out there that run mid 12's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts