Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion what are the best long tube headers on the market for a 2004 C5? Would they make a noticeable difference with my Corsa exhaust system?

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
In your opinion what are the best long tube headers on the market for a 2004 C5? Would they make a noticeable difference with my Corsa exhaust system?

Thanks
Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube headers. Kooks and Corsa for good fitment and quiet in town cruising but will scare the crap outta the car next to you if you WOT your C5. Been running this setup for a while now.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
go for the lg pros i LOVE them you cant ask for a better sound or fit and we got them ceramic coated so there extra shiny:thumbsup: and they havent faded and i dont plan on them doing so either

·
Registered
451 Posts

Thanks

American Racing Headers (ARH).

·
Supporting Vendor
806 Posts
We feel our headers are the best. they provide you the best of both worlds. With the step design you get upper RPM hp without losing bottom end torque. We use 1 3/4 and open up to 1 7/8

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com
954-925-7725

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go for the lg pros i LOVE them you cant ask for a better sound or fit and we got them ceramic coated so there extra shiny:thumbsup: and they havent faded and i dont plan on them doing so either
I went with the LG Pro LT Headers.......I'll let you know what I think after they get installed next week!

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
Best is a matter of opinion. I went with the kooks system becuase for one they are local and two they did not cost me an arm and a leg!! Good luck with your install and let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I went with the LG Pro LT Headers.......I'll let you know what I think after they get installed next week!
good choice:thumbsup: garuntee you wont be disapointed with the quality and even better the sound....did u get the ceramic coated

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best is a matter of opinion. I went with the kooks system becuase for one they are local and two they did not cost me an arm and a leg!! Good luck with your install and let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:
I agree it's a matter of opinion, the Kooks were in the running....I'm sure there isn't much difference between most of the top brand headers. There is no one local for me....I'm out in the sticks in Michigan.....about 130 miles north of Detroit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good choice:thumbsup: garuntee you wont be disapointed with the quality and even better the sound....did u get the ceramic coated
I didn't get the ceramic coating. LG Motorsports said ceramic coated headers were mainly for show cars........so I passed on them.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
oh well they DO look nice....when are you getting them installled

·
Registered
502 Posts
Cant justify paying lots of money for 3-5 hp gain differences.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went with the TSP 1 3/4" LT headers and 3" X-pipe for $770 (ceramic coated).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh well they DO look nice....when are you getting them installled
Got 'em installed Thursday!! Holy sh........:surprised Somewhat quiet at idle, but at WOT watch out! Great sound, quicker, more responsive. Best mod I've made.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Cant justify paying lots of money for 3-5 hp gain differences.
When my car was stock adding the intake headers and a tune netted 35+ Hp.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Got 'em installed Thursday!! Holy sh........:surprised Somewhat quiet at idle, but at WOT watch out! Great sound, quicker, more responsive. Best mod I've made.
:thumbsup: i new you would love them..good luck enjoying them

·
Registered
502 Posts
When I said 3-5 hp difference, I ment between a $400 long tube and a $1000 one. I paid $770 for my long tubes and x-pipe from texas speed and performance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Getting Mine put on Monday. Mind telling me how much you paid to get them put on?
I wish I hadn't read about the results, now I can't think about anything else! I'll be on pin and needles until I take off with those babies on there. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts