Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to compile a list of the best mods for the money thread.

please indicate what mod you think was the best value and which one you are the happiest with and approx price (parts only)

To keep it simple, lets limit it to C6 manuals tranny.

Can be any type of mod, engine performance, comfort, safety, etc.

A

·
Registered
316 Posts
that's asking for a rather lengthy list......

abridged version.....

Magnaflow exhaust with hi flow cats.
Dynatech long tube headers.
LS2 edit/tune.
ATI blower - requires hi rise hood
Fast manifold.
Pfadt coil overs.
mild cam

a

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
with just LG headers,a mild cam and a tune, I got 405 rwhp in my auto. Another 45 rwhp from L92/L76 combo.....easy list of good mods.

·
Registered
565 Posts
How much do you want to spend? For about a grand, CAI and low restriction exhausts are the best mods, imo. Better and colder air in, better exhaust flow. Engine is an air pump and everyone I've read that knows what they're talking about says better in better out is the best first step. Then headers, cam, blower, drop in a Veyron engine...:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
How much do you want to spend? For about a grand, CAI and low restriction exhausts are the best mods, imo. Better and colder air in, better exhaust flow. Engine is an air pump and everyone I've read that knows what they're talking about says better in better out is the best first step. Then headers, cam, blower, drop in a Veyron engine...:cheers:
+1.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mods list update

Okay, so I was thinking of more specific product info- I have seen ratings for different CAI from 10 to 25 horsepower gains...does the Hurricane really add 25 hp in real world driving or is it just advertising games?

Lets say if you had
to spend on mods, where did you spend YOUR money and would YOU spend it again? (Or where would you spend it 9specific products) if you had it.

A

·
Registered
565 Posts
1k Bullets; K&N Aircharger, open up shroud
2.5k Add Headers
5k Add Cam, Heads
7.5k Supercharger
$500,000 Drop in a Enzo...
:partyon:

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nitrous by far is the most HP/$$$
That is absoultely true, but I don't like having to worry how much is left in the bottle. If I dragged it, then it would make sense. But I didn't buy it to drag, just drive safely at the posted limits...:laughing:

·
Registered
89 Posts
that's asking for a rather lengthy list......

abridged version.....

Magnaflow exhaust with hi flow cats.
Dynatech long tube headers.
LS2 edit/tune.
ATI blower - requires hi rise hood
Fast manifold.
Pfadt coil overs.
mild cam

a
Do you really need a raised hood for the ATI Procharger Supercharger? It looks lie it will fit to me without a raised hood?

I'm looking at $6K for the following
Exhaust/headers/Cold Air Industion
L92 Heads
L76 Intake
Mild Cam
160 degree thermostat
LS2 Tune

I was quoted $8K for parts/labor/tune for the ATI Procharger Supercharger. If I have to add a raised hood, that is an additional cost.:surprised

1 - 11 of 11 Posts