Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay all.... what r the best Mods for a 94' LT1 vette for getting the most HP with less $$ as possible.

i already have the following:
1)- SLP Induction Sysytem with K&N filters.(300$)
2)- Borla exhaust system.($1000)
3)- Beilstin HD shocks.(cant remember:surprised )

knowing that i live in a very very HOTT climate where temps goes up to 110F and my vette reach to 230-235 all the time.!!!

Thanks.. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
N2O is the quickest and cheapest way assuming it's used properly. Long tube headers will help you find some power, heads and a cam for those willing to spend bigger bucks is where the real power is at.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but im not thinking of N2O actually...heads and cams are good idea.. what brand is more recomended.. or any is preffered with what i allready have??

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its for street racing more than the track... :partyon: but anyway thanks man..ill check these sites.. and if any came to ur mind pls let me know..

·
Registered
428 Posts
From Personal; experience my best mod to date was gears. Going from 2.59 to 3.75 in my automatic was the biggest bang for the buck, hands down.
4.10s if you have a 6-speed.
Now I have those HD shocks for sale, if you are interested :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I would agree with Steve..
And definatly a trans cooler.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx steve but i allready have my HD shocks new :thumbsup:
and regarding the gears.. how can it be done?... n what part required..im not really expert in that.. if u can help me out here.

trans cooler..??? more details plz:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
thx steve but i allready have my HD shocks new :thumbsup:
and regarding the gears.. how can it be done?... n what part required..im not really expert in that.. if u can help me out here.

trans cooler..??? more details plz:D
When you run your engine at higher rpms, with gears for example, everything is going to be turning more rpms. So, the tranny is going to get a little warmer. A transmission cooler helps your tranny live longer, regardless of gears, as it keeps it cooler.
The LT1/L-98 Vettes run hot from the factory.Most people install a 160 degree thermostat, reprogram their fans to come on sooner. This makes the engine run cooler, the oil and the transmission run cooler.
The transmission cooler need to be inline with the lines going to the radiator. DO NOT RUN A TRANNY COOLER BY ITSELF. that is not good.It need to be run using the transmission internal cooler then routed to the tranny cooler which will be mounted in front of your radiator. B&M stacked coolers are the best, IMHO.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BMM-70264&N=700+300221+115&autoview=sku
For the gears I went to this guy. IKERDS. http://www.ikerds.com/
He does gears for Midamericas catolog. Very well done, and correctly. Unless you know a reputable gear person, the Dana 36/44 rearends arent easy to set up. Get it set up with new gears and just swap it out.
It takes a solid day of taking your time to swap it out, but it very easy at home.
here is a quick video

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you run your engine at higher rpms, with gears for example, everything is going to be turning more rpms. So, the tranny is going to get a little warmer. A transmission cooler helps your tranny live longer, regardless of gears, as it keeps it cooler.
The LT1/L-98 Vettes run hot from the factory.Most people install a 160 degree thermostat, reprogram their fans to come on sooner. This makes the engine run cooler, the oil and the transmission run cooler.
The transmission cooler need to be inline with the lines going to the radiator. DO NOT RUN A TRANNY COOLER BY ITSELF. that is not good.It need to be run using the transmission internal cooler then routed to the tranny cooler which will be mounted in front of your radiator. B&M stacked coolers are the best, IMHO.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BMM-70264&N=700+300221+115&autoview=sku
For the gears I went to this guy. IKERDS. http://www.ikerds.com/
He does gears for Midamericas catolog. Very well done, and correctly. Unless you know a reputable gear person, the Dana 36/44 rearends arent easy to set up. Get it set up with new gears and just swap it out.
It takes a solid day of taking your time to swap it out, but it very easy at home.
here is a quick video

man !!! thx steve for the info i went to these sites u gave.. nice.. so im thinking of getting the 3.73 rear gear... any idea on how much it cost?? and thinking of long pipes headders (any brand??) i was told the JBA titanum coated are good..any idea?! and deffenetly the 160 stat and the trans cooler..cos the cilate here is near to hell :devil: ... :cheers:

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Headers from TPIS aren't real cheap. go to www.TPIS.com
Hooker makes a good set of headers too. Make sure you get coated headers. Headers for the C4's aren't cheap, as their aren't many companies that make them. Dont be cheap, get good quality and the TPIS is the best and Hooker is very good. Hookers arent LT1 specific, but L98 Specific, but they fit. TPIS is my choice if I had to do it.
The rearend gear is about a grand total. Why, I have no idea. But the difference was .7 tenths in the quarter at rockingham when I put mine in years ago on street tires. That was an auto, 1.6 rollers, 52mm T body and chipped to make her run cooler. Thats it, those gears were the best bang for the buck.
You will have to get your PCM reprgrogramed for the speedometer to be correct.
Heck if you did headers and gears and the PCM done you will run 12's, if you get traction. I was running 13.0-13.1 at 106 with the mods in the paragraph above.
The aftermarket wasn't too friendly to us as the C5 etc. But the stuff is there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts