Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold a few parts on ebay and now have a little surplus in my "corvette fund" and I'm looking to get a new set of shocks and front springs. Any of you bargain shoppers know where to get a good deal on some Bilstiens? VB&P has 'em for $300 as a set of 4.

What about spring rate recommendations? I've got a terrible feeling of cadillac float right now with 4 new KYB gas-a-just shocks, 37 year old front springs, and a new 330# VB&P monoleaf. I'm looking at the 460# fronts. Want it to be stiff and solid but not painful running a nearly stock SB. I'd also like to see the front ride height come down a bit. :huh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's a deal for you 2 VB&P 550 springs, 2 bilstien sport shocks $150.00 + shipping for all. Thats about 1/2 price. They have about 250 miles on them. I took them off because I removed so much weight from the front of the car the ride height was too high so I changed to semi-coilovers. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM sent :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not like the 460# springs at all:

And yes, I verified that they're seated correctly.... changed to 550s since then...
Ooh, yeah, that's a little high. Aside from ride height, how did they feel? Are the 550's too stiff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts