Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting rdy to fix my tach im guessing theres alot if not all china made pieces out there ..are there any places known to be good to buy from ...or any known to avoid?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
getting rdy to fix my tach im guessing theres alot if not all china made pieces out there ..are there any places known to be good to buy from ...or any known to avoid?

Even the new ones are said to be calibrated wrong.

However, Wilcox Corvettes has a specific way of properly calibrating even the new ones, so my recommendation is to contact them for your tach board.

They'll set you up perfectly.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Willcox tach boards are not reproductions of 40 year old technology. They use I IC instead of several more discreet parts, and the board itself is smaller than the original. They also don't require isolating washers like the original boards do. There is a pot on the board for fine-tuning the calibration but in general you just have to apply power to the board to zero the spindle and then tap the needle on at the 0 mark.

I found the best way to buy one is from Willcox's ebay auctions. They offer free shipping on ebay.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Are they the same on 79s. I am pulling all of the original stuff out of my car. Where are they located? My tach was working fine back before the project started. If you want it it's yours. (if I can find it that is.) Just pay for shipping.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thanks a ton for the offer but my luck, i already have one on the way ... sounds like wilcox was the best option when buying a new one ...

again thanks for the offer on the used one :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts